Author Topic: Lightheadedness - is this due to Acoustic Neuroma?  (Read 20124 times)

n partee

acoustic neuroma
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2016, 06:39:24 am »
I have lightheadiness and slightly dizziness now that I have had radiation treatments for my AN. Is that a side effect from time to time?

researcher

Re: Lightheadedness - is this due to Acoustic Neuroma?
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2016, 01:32:18 pm »
n partee: the answer to your question is yes. I feel there are a hundred possible symptoms before and after radiation/ surgery. And everyone gets a few or many of these symptoms.

You are responding to a thread that is nearly 10 years old. Not sure if these folks are on the site anymore. Fell free to post your own stand alone questions. We love to help anyone who posts.  :)

Crazycat

• Self-Portrait/ "Friends, Romans, countrymen...."
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2016, 01:15:20 am »
I can't believe it will be ten years ago this October I posted on this thread. And guess what? I'm still lightheaded with double vision!
5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 
Compounded by hydrocephalus. Shunt installed 8/10/2005.
Dr. Fred Barker - Neurosurgeon and Dr. Michael McKenna - Neurotologist.

researcher

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2016, 02:03:47 pm »
Hi Crazycat!

Wow, 10 years! How do you deal with the light-headedness? ignore it? take meds? I am 6 months out from surgery and get overwhelmed when shopping. I get a little dizzy after doing housework. Especially if I am bending to pick up items. Do you just live with the symptoms?

Crazycat

• Self-Portrait/ "Friends, Romans, countrymen...."
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2016, 02:00:47 am »
Researcher,

Like the roaring tinnitus and facial numbness, I've learned to live with it. No meds. I have double vision as well, especially when I turn my head to the left (my AN side). I compensate for these difficulties by keeping in shape. I've been an avid runner since 1995. I went into the illness being in top condition (running 5 miles a day through the woods on trails and weight lifting), which helped me through the surgeries I had. I kept running until I literally couldn't put one foot in front of the other. The AN slowed me down for a couple of years. Since 2012, I've been jogging 4 miles every night year round (weather permitting) and am now doing 300-400 pull-ups a day. Winter is my favorite time to run, 3 to 4 am when no one is around. In fact, it's time for me to go right now! (3:43 am). The cold weather keeps any potential pain-in-ass miscreants dormant like insects.

So, from the neck down, I'm good to go. From from the neck up, I'm a freaking "head wreck". Sounds like a good user name. I should change mine from Crazycat to Headwreck. Headwreck The Great.

Oh, did I mention that I'm also a musician? Lots of stories. Call me Ludwig Von Crazycat, which goes well with the one-eared Van Gogh avatar pic.

Later.....
5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 
Compounded by hydrocephalus. Shunt installed 8/10/2005.
Dr. Fred Barker - Neurosurgeon and Dr. Michael McKenna - Neurotologist.

researcher

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2016, 01:36:06 pm »
Sorry that you are still dealing with so many after effects of your AN. But you are dealing with it so very well!! You and others on this site just work out and live your life regardless of your symptoms. I am getting inspired to do more and more every day.

Ludwig Von Crazycat can be your secret name. It's very clever.
Take care.