Author Topic: bioflavonoids and carrots for dizziness and vertigo, maybe anti-tumor properties  (Read 501 times)

carriekartman

I had a helpful (and free!) second opinion with Dr. Slattery at House Clinic last week; what a wonderful resource. Thanks to Ken Posner, ANA peer mentor, for that advice. Dr. Slattery recommended taking Lipo Bioflavonoids for my balance/dizziness,occasional vertigo, which I will be starting to take today, along with the balance therapy which I've been doing for several weeks (some success to date). I just saw this study, and thought I'd share it, as it seems carrots may show some anti-tumor effects, (as well as anti-inflammatory ones).

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20231204/Carrot-juice-boosts-immune-response-cuts-inflammation-new-study-reveals.aspx?utm_source=news_medical_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=children_s_health_newsletter_11_december_2023

I am moving toward SRS, but also pursuing any and all reasonable steps to increase my nerve health,and  preserve what hearing I can, for as long as I can.

mwatto

Thank you for this. We actually juice veggies before breakfast every morning- including carrots! I will look into bioflavanoids. I take LDN (low dose naltrexone), SPM resolvins, bromelain and some days fucoidan and full spectrum CBD at bedtime or melatonin. All are anti inlammatory. I was told by Prof Maruto that the PAK-1 pathway is good to work on too for AN - he recommended hibiscus tea and fucoidan - https://www.mdpi.com/1420-3049/27/18/6032  . I have good hearing - am almost 5 years out from 3x CK. I feel good. I had some bad nerve pain on that side- but it turned out I had TMJ disorder so now wear a dental night guard and no more pain. Am post Covid 8 months but feeling good. I also beleive in cold therapy- swim in sea, 20 second cold shower, cold pack to back of neck. I do protect my hearing with earplugs if going out ( I keep a pair in bag always in case). The LDN is 0.25mg compounded with PEA and I take it at lunch time.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2023, 09:06:46 pm by mwatto »
Michele
20 x19x14mm Cystic AN diagnosed Feb 2019. CK.
Mri 2019 shrinking: 18x17x13 mm.
Mri 2020 - no cysts visible stable.
MRI 2021 stable no change
MRI 2022 stable no change.
MRI 2023 Further reduction 12x12x10mm!! Hearing 85%
MRI 2024: No change AN or hearing