Author Topic: Anyone with no headaches?  (Read 10879 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Anyone with no headaches?
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2006, 09:09:21 am »
Paul/CrazyKat,

Lou Gramm was treated here at MGH? Proton or microsurgery? Wow! :)  I had no clue he had an AN!

The headaches are what drove me to my MRI  that found my AN.  Primary had me on 100 mg Imitrex mixed with 50 mg Tramadol to help aleviate.  1 week post treatment, tinnitus has now migrated from minimal in left ear to a more constant in both ears. I know there is still swelling occuring from my CK treatment and headaches are tolerable right now (have had an occassional sharp head pain) but right now, I'm keeping in mind that it's too soon, post treatment, to really know.  So, for now, I'm trying to be a good martyr, suck it up and give it a little time to see what happens.

Will monitor this thread to see what others are experiencing... and Laz... tell the headache fairy to sod off! :)

Phyl
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 09:16:58 am by ppearl214 »
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

FlyersFan68

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2006, 09:15:22 am »
Headaches were not an issue for me before or after surgery but I did (on occasion) have unbearable neck pain. More like a dull ache than pain. They were unreal. Thank heaven it only happened a few times and has not happened at all for well over a year now.  :D

Crazycat

• Self-Portrait/ "Friends, Romans, countrymen...."
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2006, 04:59:14 pm »
Yes Phyl, that is what I was told. I'm still searching the net for some affirmation that it did indeed occur. I was also informed that David Paich, the keyboardist and principle songwriter for the band "Toto", had also been afflicted with an A.N. Here again, I am not 100 % sure of this. I found out from my sister, who was told this by people in her church that know him personally. She had told me, back when I was receiving my treatment that he was going to call me for encouragement. He never did but I was thrilled nonetheless. David is a Christian as well.
     Talk to you soon!

Paul
5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 
Compounded by hydrocephalus. Shunt installed 8/10/2005.
Dr. Fred Barker - Neurosurgeon and Dr. Michael McKenna - Neurotologist.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2006, 05:07:24 pm »
thanks Paul for sharing that! :)  I would love to see any kind of celebrity step forward with an AN diagnosis to help those of us with brain tumors, especially us rare 6%..... maybe I'll do a websearch/bio on them and see if I can find anything. I'm sorry you didn't get that phone call thrilled, nonetheless, that you are feeling ok. :)

Coffee!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"