Author Topic: No tinnitus on a morning?  (Read 17535 times)

PamJ

No tinnitus on a morning?
« on: August 11, 2012, 02:28:07 pm »
I have constant tinnitus that gets worse as the day goes on and by evening is at its worse but the strange thing is when I wake on a morning no tinnitus, complete silence (bliss) until I get up and this it starts.  Is anybody else like this, is this the norm or should I mention it to doctor.
March 2011 - Acoustic Neuroma translab surgery
July    2011 - Tarsorrhaphy surgery
June   2012 - BAHA abutment surgery
July    2012 - Tarsorrhapy reversed
Sept   2012 - BAHA (Pronto Pro) fitted
Sept   2013 - Diplopia Surgery
April   2014 - Platinum chain surgery

Cheryl R

Re: No tinnitus on a morning?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 04:06:25 pm »
I don't think you need to mention it to a doctor.     Mine is always worse by night and since have had it so long that don't pay much attention till it is louder or different noises, which I do get a whole variety of due to NF2 and surgery on both sides.        I'll have to listen in the am and see what is.     I think there has been mention of this on here of little to none in the am and worse by night.                 Just one of the annoyances of our daily life.     
                                                                 Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 04:18:58 pm »
Hi Pam .....

I agree with Cheryl ..... do not think it warrants a separate call to the doctor.  I would, however, mention it on your next visit ..... especially if it seems to be getting rapidly worse.

I just received my copy of "Living with Tinnitus and Hyperacusis."  Only just started reading it, but tinnitus can occur in people with perfectly normal hearing, as well as hearing impaired people, and it gets louder and softer throughout the day for most people who have it.

Not sure mine is ever totally gone, but I am much less aware of (or focused on) it early in the morning.  I do sleep with under the pillow speakers from my noise machine so I "listen" to a babbling brook whenever my only hearing ear is on my pillow.  This really seems to help me focus on the peaceful sounds of the brook and away from the screaming tinnitus, when I am trying to go to sleep.

Just my thoughts .....

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

lrobie

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 05:09:49 pm »
I have noticed that my tinnitus is worse after being around loudness.  I'm assuming while you're sleeping it is in silence.  I'm wondering if maybe it's louder in the evening after listening to sounds all day.  Just a thought...

Lisa
6/2009 7mm x 4mm  W&W
8/2011 9.5mm x 5mm
2/2012 UPMC Follow-up , slight growth
Surgery on 7/18/12 w/Drs. Friedman & Schwartz (mid-fossa)
www.caringbridge.org/visit/lisarobie

Mickey

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 08:31:07 pm »
I wouldn`t get up for as long as I can...lol  There is no ryme or reason with mine over the past 30 years. Either that or I just try to pay it as little attention as possible (used to it). One thing for sure I can tune it in at any time... Best wishes, Mickey

PamJ

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 02:40:25 am »
Thanks for all your replies so it seems it's nothing to worry about and your comments make a lot of sense to me.  I'd loved the comment made by Mickey  about 'stay in bed as long as possdible' it did make me chuckle.
March 2011 - Acoustic Neuroma translab surgery
July    2011 - Tarsorrhaphy surgery
June   2012 - BAHA abutment surgery
July    2012 - Tarsorrhapy reversed
Sept   2012 - BAHA (Pronto Pro) fitted
Sept   2013 - Diplopia Surgery
April   2014 - Platinum chain surgery

kathleenanna

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 11:33:34 am »
I agree with all of the replies........Mine is very low in the morning and by the time I get home from work and sit down to unwind, it is screaming at me!  Definately, it gets worse when I am in a loud atmosphere.................KathleenAnna
translab on Sept 15, 2010 at Univ of Penn
2cm AN on left side
ssd
some balance issues

luvzmutt

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 05:06:20 pm »
Clarice, 

Where do you get under the pillow speakers for a sound machine. Sounds interesting, as I have a hard time falling asleep unless I take an Ambien, and I don't want to take it everynight if I can help it.  I think the sound machine would work, and under the pillow would not disturb my husband (and may help to drown out his snoring)

~Leslie
Right side AN diagnosed 7/10 - 6.1 mm x 7.8 mm
1st follow-up MRI 1/10/11 - 0.9 x 0.3 x 0.4 cm
2nd follow-up MRI 7/11/11 - 1.0 x 0.7 x 0.6 cm
Follow-Up 12/20/11 - no noticeable change
MRI 11/26/12 - .5x1.0x.6 cm
MRI 10//21/13 - 0.8 x 1.0 x 0.7
Some hearing loss AN side and tinnitus
NF1 & optic glioma

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2012, 08:06:46 pm »
Leslie .....

I bought the "Ecotones® Duet Adaptive Sound Therapy Relaxation Sleep Machine with Bonus Sleep Therapy Pillow Speakers" through Amazon.  The sound machine is made by Adaptive Sound Technologies so you should be able to get it several different places.  Sound Oasis makes the pillow speakers I have.  Amazon has other brands, as well.  The machine has 10 different sounds in it.  I like the babbling brook one the best.  My husband cannot hear it unless one of them gets out to the edge and he rolls over to that side.

If there is any good thing about being deaf in one ear, it is the ability to put my hearing ear in the pillow and effectively block out all external sounds ..... makes for better sleep, once the tinnitus is masked by the sound machine.

Good luck.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

thisisajourney

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2012, 10:46:33 pm »
I have constant tinnitus that gets worse as :) the day goes on and by evening is at its worse but the strange thing is when I wake on a morning no tinnitus, complete silence (bliss) until I get up and this it starts.  Is anybody else like this, is this the norm or should I mention it to doctor.
My tinnitus stops when I close my eyes or look to the operated side which is the left.