Author Topic: Labour and Delivery post acoustic neuroma surgeries?  (Read 2117 times)

hruss

• young and cheerful!
    • I made this group to help others!! (the group is in Bulgarian and in English)
Labour and Delivery post acoustic neuroma surgeries?
« on: November 24, 2015, 11:30:54 pm »
Hello Everyone,

My name is Hristina and I've been on a looong hiatus away from the forum :)
The older members might remember me as the scared girl from 2008 who underwent a surgery in Germany, INI Hannover.

I am pregnant in my 36th week and I've been meaning to post here regarding labour and vaginal delivery post acoustic neuroma. So essentially I have a question about the relation between pushing, pressure increase and the effect it can have on a brain post surgeries.

My OBGYN believes it will be better for me if I have a C section because especially with the first baby the process of pushing takes longer (that's what I've gathered after talking to her). I haven't had an MRI in two years, I was going to have one this summer when I went back to Bulgaria (I am from Bulgaria originally, but I have been living in the States for 4 yrs now) but I had to postpone it after pregnancy. So my dr is afraid that I might have a regrowth that we do not know about.

I am quite set on trying to deliver vaginally because I'm afraid that a C section might leave scar tissue on the uterus and make it more susceptible to rupturing in a plausible second pregnancy. plus, can I just have one less surgery please?

Any thoughts/ personal experience will be greatly appreciated. Am I just too stubborn and crazy to oppose C Section?

Thank you for your responses,
Hrissy

4.5cm right AN pressing on the brain stem, dn Sept 2007
2 Retrosigm surgeries in Oct 2007 and Jan 2008 by the Bulgarian prof. Kyrkeselian partially removed.
3rd retro surgery in Hannover,Germany by prof Samii, Oct 2008. SSD
Got rid of my bugger, temp facial paresis
hrissysexperiences.blogspot.co