Author Topic: Who else has ONE love handle left?  (Read 3095 times)

Yvette

• Yvette
Who else has ONE love handle left?
« on: January 11, 2008, 03:48:50 pm »
SO my right love handle is now in my head. Why couldn't they take fat from dead center? Why not give the patient a choice-like removing double chins or inner thighs? I am 20 pounds over weight and hereby volunteer to donate fat to any skinny AN patients for free. Call me!

Love, Yvette
3cm translab Jan. 2007 performed at Mayo Clinic MN. by Drs. Link and Driscoll. SSD but doing great!

OMG16

Re: Who else has ONE love handle left?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 04:24:54 pm »
I'm getting a visual picture.  I'm not sure if I'm right I will have to go back and read all of your posts to see if I can figure this out.  To funny let me know if you get any calls.  16
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

lori67

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 04:39:28 pm »
Yvette, I offered to donate the extra to the "fat bank" for anyone in need of any extra after I had my surgery.  They didn't take me up on that offer.

When my other doctor saw the scar of my abdomen and I told her what it was from she said "they couldn't have at least taken their graft from both sides while they were there?".  Had my surgeon been a woman, that might have happened.  Oh well, I think my chances of anyone asking me to pose in a bikini are pretty much gone now.  Not that I think they existed before hand, but at least now I can use the scars as an excuse!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

trhoads

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 08:59:44 pm »
Wow!!  It is kind of amusing to hear other people talk about this....

I think that was the first coherent thing that I said to my neurosurgeon.  I was having horrible headaches and neck pain and he starts asking me about the incision on my abdomen.  I looked down at my abdomen and replied with, "The least you could have done would have been to take a little extra out and throw it away!"

So, you can add me to the list of people willing to donate a little extra fat to those who have none!!

Tonya

Yvette

• Yvette
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 09:05:14 pm »
Too funny, well we can all pose for family pics with our lovehandle-less side to the camera! Hey all you translab newbies...try to get your docs to give you a choice! Let us know if you are successful:-)

To member #16, the translab procedure removes your mastoid bone and instead of replacing it, either subtitutes a metal plate or uses your own body fat to plug up the hole. Sounds gross I know.

Blessings all,
Yvette
3cm translab Jan. 2007 performed at Mayo Clinic MN. by Drs. Link and Driscoll. SSD but doing great!

OMG16

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 10:31:46 am »
So that is why we have extra!  I think they should even it out for you!  16
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

danijake

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 04:16:33 pm »
Yeah, I didn't have much fat at the time (I have plenty, now) but why do they take it from the side instead of below the belly button? My belly is lopsided and ugly now. No bikini for me either!!!

Kaybo

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 08:59:16 pm »
OK...now that you mentioned it...I have just noticed, yet one more, LOPSIDED thing about my body & I thought that it was just me!!!  I'm so happy to know I wasn't just making it up!!  I have just lost over 25 pounds and have noticed that one side of my pooch is smaller than the other!!  Mine isn't really the "love handle" area though -- mine is below my bellybutton to the left a bit.  When I had surgery I was very overweight and ask the surgeon that morning if he could please take some extra fat away -- little did I know I would lose 50 pounds w/ the surgery/stroke!  Then when I went back for a check-up, I ask him why fat dissolved on my head but not my tummy -- he told me I was the only person who would ask him that!! LOL!!
I feel so much better now that I know others have the same thing!!!!!
K :D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Lorenzo

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 11:54:16 pm »
ok, so now I can see another advantage to CK: no lopsided love handles! Great, never thought of that, makes me feel much better.
On the other hand, if they did remove evenly, then CK has a disadvantage, still left with fat. Darn.
:)
Ciao, Lorenzo
CK, Stanford, Drs Chang and Hancock, Dec 04,
doing great now.