Author Topic: 10 weeks post op  (Read 2050 times)

william5822

10 weeks post op
« on: February 17, 2014, 04:15:20 pm »
Tomorrow we will be 10 weeks post op. And I say WE because I really believe my husband and I are in this together. From beginning to end :)

2 weeks ago he had the gold weight implant. It is still swollen but he can shut his eye. They also did a tarsel flap and stitched his eye together in the corner. He is healing up nicely from this one. We visited the ENT surgeon last week. She was pretty sure she saw a twitch or two in his face. Of course this is still wait and see but she said he was looking GREAT. So great that she released him (and so did the OT) to go back to work. He went back TODAY! He was smiling from ear to ear. To just get back to some sort of a normal lifestyle.

He realized yesterday that running is still a challenge. He was chasing after our granddaughter. But he got right into changing brakes with my son on the truck, cleaning the garage , going up the attic stairs..... our new normal is finally taking shape.

I'm pretty proud of that husband of mine! He has done amazing in the last 10 weeks. And as I tell him all the time....baby steps huney and we will get there.....we still have lots of baby steps but just to think where we were 10 weeks ago is just amazing.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 04:18:11 pm by william5822 »
3 cm AN removed 12.3.13 - 12 hours in surgery
Emory Healthcare Midtown Atlanta
Left Side facial paralysis - intact facial nerve
1.31.14 - Gold weight implant and tarsal flap
2.17.14 RETURNED to work :)
10.6.14 - 10 month MRI shows stable

TexasSprinter

Re: 10 weeks post op
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 10:11:59 pm »
Great to hear about his (and your) progress and determination!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 02:35:43 pm »
Congratulations to your husband on his recovery and kudos to you for your obviously helpful support.  Well done, both of you.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 03:18:32 pm »
This is truly inspiring!! I know we on this forum hear from the patients but not too often do we hear from our unsung heroes (at least on this forum): the caregivers!  Without you guys this would indeed be a very difficult journey for us all!  Keep up the positive attitude, this will surely help your husband.  Keep us updated and good luck!

Jay
PS: Kind of weird how it's a good thing that one gets to go back to work, eh? LOL Funny how our perspective changes things!
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston