Author Topic: one-year anniversary MRI  (Read 1814 times)

wonky head

one-year anniversary MRI
« on: May 23, 2012, 09:50:40 am »
Well, I go for my one-year MRI tomorrow after my AN removal by retrosigmoid craniectomy.
The 6 month MRI  lit up like a Christmas tree, but doc said it was scar tissue/healing.  Scared me to death because it was bigger than the original/actual tumor.
The one thing that worries me is that the surgeon stated that my tumor was not in one piece, more like the little inside pieces of an orange slice.  He assures me that he is 99% sure he got it all.  Has anyone else had a comment like that given to them?

I also have some super fun side effects from the surgery.  Instead of my mouth watering when I eat, my eye waters.  My eye also squints and the corner of my mouth curls up.  I still have not gotten all of my tastebuds working in my mouth and I have a nifty twitch on the right side of my nose. 

My screen name reflects how I feel on low pressure weather days, wonky head.    I often get weird zipping noises inside my head on the affected side.  I lost all hearing but still manage to have tinnitus and those lovely loud zipping sounds.  I am tired allllllll  of the time and sleeping has become my new happy place!

Has anyone had any success with any of these type of after effects?
I have been going to a massage therapist for the extremely tight muscles/tendons on the side of my neck affected from surgery.  She also gives me facial massage, which helps a bit, but doesn't last. 

Thanks for any advice!