Author Topic: My surgical experience...  (Read 4417 times)

cherrypiper

• Hope is what this is all about
Re: My surgical experience...
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2008, 05:40:41 pm »
the old adage time takes time is so true for all this Vicki

taking lost or rest . only taxing that balance when absolutely necessary too. i already had a cane so this was no big deal from my end.

very easy does it ...............and lots of good thoughts your way too  :)
10 mm x 2.4mm surgery date 12/03/07

glad to be here

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2008, 05:22:02 am »
Morning Vicki!

Hope today finds you doing better than the first day out of surgery, if so, then  you are on the "right" track.  It might be a slow track, but if you find yourself doing better then it certainly is good!  You are right in that most people do not understand what it's like to be SSD, and don't try to expect them to understand.  This is not understood until it happens to you.  When in a group setting to help you with hearing try to put people on your "good" side so you will be able to better hear them, don't expect them to move to your good side.  The sooner you take control of what is gone the sooner you will be able to cope.  There is a "list" of helpful hints I put out there under "hearing issues" that will help with the frustration we SSD'ers deal with.  I hope your hearing returns for your sake and may you have continued healing with better balance each passing day. 
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

vicki1967

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2008, 09:23:54 am »
Anne Marie,

I am so sorry to hear about the young girl who lost her life to cancer. No bond is as great as that between a parent and child. May God Bless her and all those who knew her.

Vicki

cindyj

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2008, 10:24:17 am »
Hi Vicki,

How are you doing now?  Hope things are improving daily!  Thanks for the burning candle - very sweet of you to think of others when you are going through so much yourself right now...

Take care,

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings