Author Topic: question for those who had surgery  (Read 3842 times)

jenifyer

question for those who had surgery
« on: May 29, 2005, 05:47:47 am »
Hi,
I had surgery on May 5 (translab) to remove my 2.5 cm AN.  I am feeling better every day, and am anxious to get back to my 'everyday' life.  I was wondering when i can get back to my exercise routine?  Can anyone who has had surgery give me an idea as to when they did?  Thanks, jennifer

Mo

Re: question for those who had surgery
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2005, 10:27:37 am »
Hi Jennifer,
Just so you know, you have to get your doctors okay before doing ANYTHING.  I am still on a 10 mile radius driving limit and I had my Surgury Last September. Carry a note book with you at all time so when something does happen you cna document it and "remember" what it was you wanted to ask the doc about!   Hang in there!
Mo

kristin

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2005, 01:58:40 pm »
hi jenifer,

i had middle fossa surgery on april 14th and just ran 2 miles on the treadmill on friday. it was my first attempt at exercising since my surgery and i thought i did ok. i had to stare straight ahead though otherwise i found myself falling over. i ran at a much slower pace than i am used to...it took me 20 minutes for 2 miles.

i guess it all depends on how you feel. i've been walking a lot right after surgery and i really believe that's  helped in my recovery. when i stay at home and hang out in the recliner i feel worse than if i'm out shopping or walking.

anyway, best of luck to ya,
kristin

8 x 5 mm Left Acoustic Neuroma
Middle Fossa
House Ear Clinic
Dr. Derald Brackmann, Dr. William Hitselberger
April 14, 2005

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have troubles. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

jenifyer

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 05:35:33 am »
I feel better when i am up and about rather than sitting home too!

jan pentecost

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2005, 04:46:35 pm »
Everyone has a different time for moviong forward with our recovery. My doctor told me to do what I feel I can do. I have a cross country machine and started back on that after three weeks. I had my surgery on May 3rd. Every day is a bit better. My "problem" is with my left eye. Even though I can close it more often on command, it gets very.."itcy" for lack of another word. It feels best when I tape it closed and wear an eye patch. But then it puts a real strain on my right eye....otherwise, I am back at doing or attempting to do everything I did prior to surgery. I don't feel the fatigue I had read so much about. I am now sleeping much better. My incision has healed nicely. I know every day brings something and I may have days I don't feel as up and positive. For today, I feel great.
Ask your doctor.....and stay active..if allowable. One can really get down and out and find a pity pot to perch on....but why if it doesn't benefit our recovery!!
jan
1.7 cm Left Side
May 3, 2005
Dr. R. Sterling Hodgson
Legacy Emaunuel Hospital
Portland, Oregon

kristin

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2005, 07:25:10 pm »
jan, hi! i had the exact feeling in my left eye until a week or so ago when i went to see eye doc. he tested my eyes and put in plugs in my tear ducts (2 in left and 1 in right). life is SO grand now! i would highly recommend this! and as far as i know, insurance will cover this as a medical, not visual claim.
kristin
8 x 5 mm Left Acoustic Neuroma
Middle Fossa
House Ear Clinic
Dr. Derald Brackmann, Dr. William Hitselberger
April 14, 2005

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have troubles. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33