Author Topic: Where are the posties?  (Read 10515 times)

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
Re: Where are the posties?
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2008, 01:53:21 pm »
This University will beat out everybody else's Pep Squad, that's for sure.  Waaaay back in the early 1960's we had the elite Cheerleaders and then there was the Pep Squad, a group of girls that sat together in there Pep uniforms and helped make the cheers louder.  We had pretty good school spirit at good old Roseburg High School. 

Sue in Vancouver, USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2008, 02:26:07 pm »
sorry gang, had to move this out of AN Issues forum based on the direction of the conversation. Thanks for understanding... and U of AN rawks! :)  Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2008, 05:12:15 pm »
Oh, man!!! Phyl's picking on us again  :D  How come she gets all the dirty work?  Aren't joef, Jim, and Steve moderators too?  I hope you get paid more than they do Phyl for all the censoring and moving of threads you have to do.

Lori -

I was going to suggest charging admission too.  I think we should get a suite at the Symposium in August and institute a cover charge; heck, it would pay for our drinks and sightseeing costs.  Think about that one and get back to me  ;)

Jan - aka Class Clown  ;D
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2008, 05:56:59 pm »
Oh, man!!! Phyl's picking on us again  :D  How come she gets all the dirty work?  Aren't joef, Jim, and Steve moderators too?  I hope you get paid more than they do Phyl for all the censoring and moving of threads you have to do.

I don't censor!  >:(  I just... um... per the rules... um.... do my job...er...... well, someone has to keep you class clowns in line! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2008, 06:53:33 pm »
Just for the record, I'm here (almost 5 months post op) but I mainly lurk and help where I can.  For the last couple of weeks, I've been absolutely swamped with closing down one company and opening another.  The good news about a small company (there are about 10 of us so far) is that I can get involved (and do) in things that I would never be allowed to touch as an IT type of guy.  I'm intimately involved in helping getting the company going outside of my hefty IT load.  I've been super busy lately, but it's fun! Now, if I'm truly being paid (even at half-salary that I excpect) for the last week and the next 1.5 weeks, I'd be even more grateful! :)

For now, you'll only see me post sparingly.  You all are in my thoughts daily though!

Regards,

Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

lori67

« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2008, 07:54:54 pm »
Brian,

It's good to be busy!  And even better when you get paid for it!  Good luck!

Jan, a suite sounds like a much more comfortable prospect than sleeping on your couch!  We may need to hire a bouncer to keep people in line at our hospitality suite though.  Maybe Phyl can do it.  She's pretty good at putting things and people where they're supposed to be!   :D  It's a good thing she has us around to help her earn that big moderator salary she's raking in!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

LADavid

« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2008, 09:24:50 pm »
Phyl
Did you just smack me several posts and a page or two back?  Why I think admission should be charged for the Jan and Lori Show.  What an unique combination of the droll and straight.  The Smothers Sisters.  Rowan and Martini.  The Blues Sisters.  As long as it's down here in the Community basement, let er rip  ;)

Just had a great get together today with Nancy (NL) and Lainie.  I don't know how to better say this but I have never met an AN patient that I didn't adore.  Nancy, Lainie, Kathleen.  I am in awe.  There is no better way of saying that.  I am in awe.

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2008, 09:43:17 pm »
David -

I can't wait to meet you in person - it's been a long time since I've been adored!  :D

Seriously, it's great you are getting to meet so many ANers in person.  I'm jealous.  Guess I'll just have to wait for the Symposium.

BTW, if Phyl doesn't agree to the bouncer job, maybe Lori & I can hire you  ;)

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

sgerrard

« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2008, 11:09:01 pm »
Phyl
Did you just smack me several posts and a page or two back? 

Yeah she did. Take it as a good thing; it means you're in now - you've been initiated.  ;)

Steve
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 01:10:52 am by sgerrard »
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2008, 05:18:10 am »
stop egging them on!  geesh! ;)

Phyl
Did you just smack me several posts and a page or two back? 

Yeah she did. Take it as a good thing; it means you're in now - you've been initiated.  ;)

Steve

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2008, 05:39:42 am »
I thought egging us on was part of Steve's job  ???

Jan - "initiated" a few times  ;)

NL

« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2008, 02:29:48 pm »
When I first found the forum in my early research days, I expected to find lots of information and first hand experiences of other AN patients. It didn't take me long to realize I'd found something even better...a compassionate, supportive group of people willing share so much more than their AN experiences. The forum became a place I continued to visit not only for information, but camaraderie and entertainment (the Jan & Lori show ;)) as well.

Even though I'm somewhat new to postie status, I do feel a strong desire to give back to others beginning the same journey. So, like many posties, I'll continue to chime in whenever I feel I have any helpful info to offer. :)

I have to agree with David that every AN patient I've met, both on and off the forum, have been amazing people!

And Steve, I think the "preposties" term is catching on!

Nancy
1.6 cm left AN diagnosed Oct. '07
1.9 cm on 2nd MRI, May '08
Retrosigmoid surgery at House Clinic/St. Vincent's on 8/6/08
(no post-op dizziness, nausea, facial or balance issues)
Thankful for a fantastic team of doctors - Dr. Rick Friedman, Dr. Marc Schwartz, & Dr. Michael Stefan

sgerrard

« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2008, 06:02:16 pm »
For me, I feel like I have researched, studied like crazy, and have had a really hard time declaring my major...

I think prepostie Nancy Drew has my favorite line of the whole topic.  :D

Steve
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 06:03:51 pm by sgerrard »
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

cindyj

« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2008, 07:59:35 pm »
I'm liking "prepostie" - good thinking, Steve!

Prepostie Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2008, 11:27:12 am »
Postie Marci here, reporting!  Nothing is going according to plan, which is predictable, and I continue to be impatient (also predictable), BUT, I have now worked for two consecutive weeks with no major disasters.  Side-effects of surgery are driving me batty but I'm taking drugs when needed.  Back to the doctor on October 7 to have my hearing checked (I think it's mostly there, but who knows) and I plan to pepper him with questions I've been saving up.  I hope he's had his Wheaties.
Best,
Marci

3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.