General Category > AN Issues

Where my incision is doesn't make sense

<< < (2/2)

Brendalu:
I think I confused myself with that one.  They took fat from my abdomen and stuffed the crater they created with it.  I wish it would dissapate from everywhere you suggested.......................I might agree to another surgery........NOT!!  I was told that when they take something from your brain area they have to put something back to keep the brain from moving I guess until it gets used to the tumor being gone.  I really didn't understand that process.  I was hoping for a lot more fat to be gone for good.
Brendalu

mykey:
Mykey had translab and they took fat from his abdomen to pack the area where they removed the ear bone.  His neurotologist told us that after it looking puffed out like a sardine attached behind his ear right after surgery, it will eventually sink inward and become a "divot" behind his ear. 

As far as fat removal, he had CSF complications after the first surgery and they went in a second time through his same incision...they took fat out of both sides of his abdomen.  I told him if they had to do it one more time it would be considered a tummy tuck too!   :D

Mykey's Wifey

matti:
I also have a large crater at my surgery site and was told by my surgeon that some patients develop them and for some reason others don't and the same procedure is used. he has also said it has nothing to do with the fat pack  :-\

Where they took the fat from on my abdomen, I still have a depression and as my weight has fluctuated  >:( over the years since surgery, I don't put on any weight in that area (no trouble finding other areas though)

Obita:
Hi squirrellee and all:

Our friend Tammy (squirrellee) has a scar that starts at the top of her back and goes halfway up her head.  I had told Tammy that I had not heard of an AN surgery approach where the incision extends past the hairline.  I suggested she post here about her incision to get feedback from other surgical patients.  Her whole ordeal just does not sit well with me.  Not only does her surgeon have a terrible bedside manor, it is inexcusable that he joked about his error in pumping too much fluid into her lungs which caused her to have a heart attack and a seizure.   

Is there a statue of limitations on medical issues like this?  I know we have a resident attorney on here.  Advice please for Tammy?  If you have not read her story yet, it is posted in AN Issues titled HURT.

Thanks everyone!! Kathy

linnilue:
I believe there is either a 2 or 3 year period for medical malpractice and that is just to file.  She needs to get her medical records, get a consult from another physican and then see an attorney.  I agree, this doesn't sit well with me either.  Holly

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version