General Category > AN Issues

Where my incision is doesn't make sense

(1/2) > >>

squirrellee:
After talking with a few of you on here (especially Kathy, my personal angel) I realize that my scar is not in the same place as most people. My scar from the AN removal starts right below my neck on my right side and went up to about the middle of my head. It tore open at the base of my neck and that is what healed as a crater. Not to be sick or anything, but when the home health care nurse was coming in to change my bandages every day, she could easily fit 5 big gauze pads in the hole...it was that deep. Has anyone heard of an AN removed this way?

I just want to take a minute to tell you how my heart has been touched by this wonderful group of people. I am not alone and I will no longer be so afraid. You have helped me to hold my head a little higher and there is no way to put into words the graditude I feel for you all. I know I am blessed and I THANK YOU ALL!!!!!

Tammy

Palace:
Hello  Tammy,

You're quite "welcome," from all of us. 

Others can help you with your question since I had Cyberknife.

Post as much as you like as, everyone is here for you.

Palace

krbonner:
Tammy,

Have you gotten a copy of your surgical report?  It should have the name of the procedure they used to remove the AN.  That may help you figure some of this out. 

If you haven't gotten it yet, you can request a copy from Medical Records at the hospital where you had your surgery.  They are legally required to keep those records, and legally required to release them to you at your request.  You want the operative/procedure reports, discharge report, and the surgeon's notes.  I also requested copies of lab results and the pathology report.  There's a lot of medical jargon in the reports, but also a lot of good information.

Katie

Brendalu:
Tammy,
Your incision sounds like mine and tomorrow will be my two year.  I figure when the fat disapated the crater set in.  That side of my head is still numb so it doesn't bother me too much.  It drives my hair dresser crazy though!!  I have a picture of mine, staples and all on my Myspace site. 
Brendalu

Omaschwannoma:
Your fat is dissipating?  Does this normally happen?  I assumed it will be there for ever daming the csf from gushing out--guess this is a new question I'll be asking my doctor--if I can ever remember it!  Does fat dissipate from buttocks, thighs and under the eyes?   ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version