Author Topic: NY/NJ Area ANers Lunch Event - JULY 19 in NYC  (Read 22257 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: NY/NJ Area ANers Lunch Event - JULY 19 in NYC
« Reply #105 on: July 21, 2008, 05:39:09 am »
it looks like you all had a fantastic time and I'm tickled that you all got to meet.  It truly does make a difference to have folks get together and meet up in a relaxing atmosphere, great food, lots of chat and to share with those that do walk in our shoes. I'm jealous that I didn't get to join you all.... but..... thrilled you all enjoyed! Congrats for a successful lunch!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #106 on: July 21, 2008, 07:11:26 am »
Can I just say, again, how great it was to spend time with Eve, Wendy and Joe??  I had such a terrific time and it was so good to share experiences and laugh.  Okay, how many times did we say "pardon me?"  Nothing like a bunch of hearing-challenged folks trying to have a conversation...   ;D

Wendy, Jan definitely has the best directions for downloading pictures - I was never able to figure it out until she sent me her directions (thanks again, Jan - you've created a picture posting monster!)

Next time we all get together, and there will be a next time, hope more of you can join us!  I'm going to try to find a restaurant between Port Authority, Penn Station and Grand Central for the next lunch gathering!   

Debbi, busy triangulating the next location...
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

Mickey

« Reply #107 on: July 21, 2008, 07:55:41 am »
To see that picture make me feel good all over. I`m so glad that you all had a great time. I`m hoping to attend future meetings and will be at ANANJ in Oct. 25. So much looknig to see you all then and spend the day. God Bless! Mickey

Debbi

• Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #108 on: July 21, 2008, 08:24:35 am »
Micke7-

Glad you are attending the ANANJ event - I'll be there, too, and look forward to meeting you!

Debbi
2.4 cm Right Side AN

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #109 on: July 21, 2008, 06:10:56 pm »
Debbi -

I PM'd Wendy my picture posting instructions last night.

I'm looking forward to that scarf/bunny slipper picture  :D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

wendysig

« Reply #110 on: July 21, 2008, 11:29:04 pm »
I too wanted to say again how great it was to meet Debbi, Eve and Joe in person!  I think the waiter may have been baffled by us as he came to the table so many times but he was a good sport and got a good tip.  I have to agree it was funny the way eveyone kept saying excuse me, what and pardon.  It was really part of the fun!  I'm looking forward to doing it again too!

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

wendysig

« Reply #111 on: July 21, 2008, 11:30:40 pm »
Jan,
Iwanted to say thanks again for the picture posting instructions.  I'll post the pictures ASAP when I get home from the hospital.

Wendy
2 cm at time of surgery
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Mickey

« Reply #112 on: July 22, 2008, 07:26:37 am »
Hi Debbi, Yes I will be looking fowards to meet you in Oct. at ANANJ. Have met Joe a couple of times there, a great guy. We all have something in common also DRs. Roland and Golfinos. I`m still watch and wait with next MRI in Sept. Hoping it will stay stable but will treat it the way it treats me! I`m also doing Neuromonics for tinnitus which I will be commenting on at the next meeting. So many nice people there and just from reading your posts, knowing I be meeting another nice person. Glad your doing well, Mickey

marymomof3

« Reply #113 on: July 22, 2008, 09:28:44 am »
Hoping to see you all in October as well!! 
Diagnosed Jan 21, 2008 w/1.8CM AN on left side.  Had is removed on March 19th at NYU.  And I am super grateful for such wonderful doctors!!

lori67

« Reply #114 on: July 22, 2008, 12:17:02 pm »
Great picture!  I'm so glad you had a great time and a great lunch!

It's so nice to meet nice people who you never thought you'd cross paths with.  A good thing that comes out of this AN journey, I guess.

Jan, glad you had fun at the shore.  I love it there.  The water was rough, but that didn't keep my kids out of it - even the 2 year old was body surfing by the end of the week.  The water warmed up a lot too.  Wendy, I'm sorry we didn't get to meet - my Mom wound up in the hospital again on Thursday morning, so since she was only an hour from where we were, I went up there to be with her that day.  Once we are back in VA (less than a year now - wooohoooo!!) I'll be spending a lot more time in NJ, so hopefully, I can join the NY/NJ crew for one of their get-togethers!

Lori (happy to be able to sleep in my own bed...)
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

wendysig

« Reply #115 on: July 22, 2008, 06:03:03 pm »
Hi Lori,
Sorry about your mom.  I hope things go better at the community hospital  than they have been.  I had my gallbladdersurgery  in a small community hospital and it sounds like your mom's hospital operates pretty much the same way -- a slower pace than big hospitals  and on theri own terms.  It can make you almost lose your mind sometimes but hopefully the quality of care is good and  it  makes up for everything else.  It would be great if we can get together sometime after you move back to Virginia,  We'll have to plan something special!

Wendy
2 cm at time of surgery
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Debbi

• Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #116 on: July 22, 2008, 06:07:50 pm »
Lori, we're counting on you to give us the Baha demo!  Eve dazzled us (or at least me!) with her Transear, so we need equal time for the Baha now...

Deb
2.4 cm Right Side AN

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #117 on: July 22, 2008, 07:15:29 pm »
Ah, my partner in crime, Lori is back  :D  YEA!!!!!  ;D

Thank goodness! 

Sorry to hear about your mom  :(

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

lori67

« Reply #118 on: July 22, 2008, 09:21:06 pm »
Good to be back.  Now I'm sweating in Nashville instead of NJ.

Mom is doing better, by the way.  She went home today and hopefully she'll stay there for a little while.  They think it was just a matter of getting her meds adjusted after her heart surgery.  She's been through a lot lately, so I hope she just stays well now.

I would love to give the BAHA demo!  Like Jan, I'm always willing to show it off.  ;D  Wendy said Eve's Transear looked like quite the delicate piece of equipment, so I think it's good that I went with the BAHA!  I knocked it off twice last week!  Once while crawling under the end table to retrieve one of Barbie's shoes, and once when I fell asleep in the car on the way home from NJ.  That time I didn't even notice it and thought I had lost it - then I opened the car door and heard it hit the ground!  I wonder if I should wrap the thing in bubble wrap before snapping it onto my head from now on.

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

sgerrard

« Reply #119 on: July 22, 2008, 09:25:56 pm »
I wonder if I should wrap the thing in bubble wrap before snapping it onto my head from now on.

Oh yes, please!  :D

Hi Lori, nice to see you back, glad your mom is okay too.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.