Author Topic: Good Morning!  (Read 777696 times)

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
Re: Good Morning!
« Reply #3165 on: March 29, 2009, 07:57:13 pm »
Small world , indeed!  We used to keep in better touch when my mom was alive, and even went to several  reunions.  I know we are related to the Farthings there, but I would have to sit down with the family tree to figure it out now.  I think my grandmother (Gentry) was from that area, too.  Stephen Justus Farthing, my grandfather, went out west with some other families.  Family story was that he was a might too fun-loving for Boone, and was encouraged to "Go west, young man!"

Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #3166 on: April 03, 2009, 03:38:22 pm »
AAAAAARRRRRRR!!!!! I was up the crow's nest just having a look around when I spotted guess who at 90 degrees off the starboard bow!!  Miss Patti Yootee! I took this video of her rowing across the Rollin' Blue!

You all know she has been AWOL for a time now and the PBW is setting full sail to try to capture her and put her back to work in her duties aboard the PBW.  Can't remember in what capacity she served aboard our ship, but I believe she could qualify as Chief Mischief Maker First Class.

Full speed ahead!

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #3167 on: April 03, 2009, 06:05:24 pm »
Aloha Cap'n Deb,
  Yootee here, reporting for temporary duty.... went a spinnin again and wrenched me knee, may be out of commish a bit.  Sorry to hear (one eared) of your tummy problems, see my post on your thread,  been there done that one too. :-\   My ole PWB job was the headache fairy swatter,  but between you, me & Laz, I wasn't doing a very good job.  After seeing Andrea in slc and Anissa ome through this thing with flying colors, and knowing what I know now,  I'm thinking the Translab is the way to go, they don't mess with the brain (mid fos they squish it a bit) and the haring salvaged isn't really useable.  But I would be honored to take the position of  Cheif Mischeif maker.... I can pop in from time to time and see what kind of trouble I can cause............. shhhh don't tell phyl

yootee
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #3168 on: April 06, 2009, 09:43:20 pm »
Well, if its good enough for Ms yodelayhoohoo, its good enough for me. Just returning temporarily as my mond is focussing on my upcoming radiation treatment.

This chronologer apologises for me misconduct but between the brain wrecks and the treatment to come, the story line would have been sillier than the silliest with a lot of &*(^&&^^&%^%&* in it and because there are kids reading this, we are not allowed to ()&**&&*(^&^&*6. I tyupe really fast doing that, perhaps the rest of the message should read ()**()&*&(%^&%$&^%&^%*%^*&^&(_&(_&(_&(_&(_&(_&(_&(_&(_&(_&(_&(_&(_&(_&(_&(_&(_&(_&(_&(_*^%^$%^($R&^%&^%^&*()^+()_*+()*+(*)(_)_(*)*(&+

mmm, any jobs going for speed typists where you have to type a lot of ampersands?

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #3169 on: April 07, 2009, 03:44:52 pm »
Awww, Laz, I think of ya and hope you are doin' better.  Don't like me lads and ladies to be feeling the bad affects of the cursed AN.  Wish I could make it all better.

Sue in Vancouver USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #3170 on: April 07, 2009, 05:44:54 pm »
Master Laz! We have missed you like crazy around here!  I was just pondering on your whereabouts and whoop! Here's a post from you on the ole GM.  When is your brainbooger zap?  How is the ole noggin? I'm sittin' here in me lil cabin wiv a ragin' blizzard outside!  I'm ready to move somewhere warm and sunny permanently. Somewhere where I can visit the sea or keep a lil boat to putz around in. 

Hope the evil Headache Monster is not plagueing you today--let us here from ye!

Hugs,

Capt Deb

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #3171 on: April 20, 2009, 04:14:17 pm »
Hi all,

sorry, it's been a while but the headaches keep comin' and the stress of my pending radiation treatment tomorrow has got to me a bit.

i don't know how many times i have recommended radiation treatment as a viable option to newbies but when its "you" things seem different. probably my main concern is that the volume of headaches will increase and that is something that i don't want.

Anyway, this thread is meant to be a silly and happy one so I'll try and kick start the PBW shortly.

Laz
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW

sgerrard

« Reply #3172 on: April 20, 2009, 08:30:35 pm »
GK is a doable thing, Laz. You've been through surgery; you can handle this. Best best wishes.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3173 on: April 20, 2009, 08:34:57 pm »
I'm with Steve.

You can do this Laz!  Good luck tomorrow  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

joebloggs

« Reply #3174 on: April 21, 2009, 07:17:57 am »
Hey Laz

Hope the treatment went well today, I have had my fingers crossed for you xx
Right sided AN 2.7cm at last MRI.  Hearing loss/facial numbness.  Translab scheduled March 11th 2009.  Translab at Royal Melbourne Hospital, Australia successful!  Total tumour removed, SSD, no facial issues, numbness has left the building, balance issues but they'll get better and I'm loving life!

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #3175 on: April 21, 2009, 07:44:38 am »
Thx doughnut queen!

Laz
Chronologer of the PBW

HeadCase2

• Carpe Grog
« Reply #3176 on: April 21, 2009, 08:30:04 am »
  Wake up you scruvy naves, it be speaketh like Shakespeare day.    There's also a Shakespear Insult Generator at http://www.william-shakespeare.org.uk/a2-shakespeare-insult-generator.htm  in case someone cuts in front of you in traffic, like the goatish tallow-faced incontinent varlet who cut me off in traffic this morning.
  Be-eth in good health,
    Rob

(with apologies to Shakespeare - and Alls Well that Ends Well)

The AN's a beggar, now the treatment is done:
All is well ended, if this suit be won,
That you express content; which we will pay,
With strife to please you, day exceeding day:
Ours be your patience then, and yours our parts;
Your gentle hands lend us, and take our hearts.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 11:58:11 am by HeadCase2 »
1.5 X 1.0 cm AN- left side
Retrosigmoid 2/9/06
Duke Univ. Hospital

GrogMeister of the PBW

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3177 on: April 21, 2009, 12:35:14 pm »
oh, I LIKE that headcase! :) :) :)

Oh, my dear Laz... you been made a toastie postie! :)  Welcome!!!!!!!!  You KNOW I'm sending the thoughts/wishes/hugglez/grog/chocolate/prayers/dirty jokes (nope, didn't say that.....).... and overall good stuff!

You know how to find me, my dear friend of Oz... hang in there... I'm cheering you on!

*walks off, trips over office waste barrel and falls on face*

dang it! ;)

xoxo
Yeah, it's me, your cursed cruise director!  :-*  :-*  :-*
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #3178 on: April 21, 2009, 06:14:20 pm »
A toastie postie huh Ms girly!

mmm could do with some toast about now.

Shakespear - nah, we gots to speak Klingon. That is the universal language of the future. Mind you, the announcer on the train yesterday could have been from Klingon coz i couldn't understand a word he was saying.

Laz

p.s better go and buy a geiger counter now.
Chronologer of the PBW

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #3179 on: April 21, 2009, 06:25:14 pm »
Zap it, zap it,
Kill it dead!
Fry that booger
right outta Laz's head!

Hope all went well today and that the headache monster stays away!

Love you Laz!

Hugs,

Capt Deb