Author Topic: Care Pages  (Read 8003 times)

Kathleen_Mc

Re: Care Pages
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2005, 12:18:57 pm »
Josh: I've got news for you, up here in the get white north we also celebrate Halloween, very much the same way you do but we have to put snowsuits under the kids costumes and send them out in snow shoes! Kathleen
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 12:21:51 pm by Kathleen_Mc »
1st AN surgery @ age 23, 16 hours
Loss of 7-10th nerves
mulitple "plastic" repairs to compensate for effects of 7th nerve loss
tumor regrowth, monitored for a few years then surgically removed @ age 38 (of my choice, not medically necessary yet)

jw

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2005, 01:43:50 pm »
Very true, Kathleen.

I have to remember to get out tomorrow before the sun sets at 3 pm and shovel the driveway, so that the kids can get to the house.  It's not everywhere you can give the kids ice cream cones for Halloween and put them in their treat bag (mine use Buffalo skins) and when they get back home, they're still frozen!  Say, have you tried out those new Nike Air Snowshoes?  Pretty cool!
Diagnosed 31 Oct 2005
Bilateral 0 cm ANs.

Hillarie

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2006, 03:48:28 pm »
I used www.supportcircle.com for my care page, and it was FANTASTIC!  It allowed me to describe what happened (so I didn't have to repeat my story a million times), and suggest ways people could help me.  Once I set it up, I gave all my friends and family a link to it, and then gave webauthorship over to a friend of mine who posted daily status updates post-operatively, and put photos of me out there, too.  SupportCircle.com also allows people to post messages to you, and you can post thank-you's to all your helpers.  All my friends and family across the world absolutely loved having this central location at their fingertips, and I appreciated it because my phone wasn't ringing off the hook, and I could read all the wonderful well wishes from everyone whenever I wanted.  I HIGHLY recommend that you utilize a web site like this!!!