Author Topic: Connie's surgery is done!  (Read 4811 times)

deea

Connie's surgery is done!
« on: September 05, 2007, 08:38:11 pm »
Hi this is Deea.

Just letting you know that Connie's surgery went well.  I was there when Dr. Daniels came out to talk with her family.  He was talking to the family about how well her surgery had gone when he looked up and recognized me.  He said hi!  How are you doing?   I said fine......now keep telling them about Connie's surgery!  She'll be in ICU for 2 days and then back on the floor.  Please pray for her quick and complete recovery!

deea

Re: Connie's surgery is done!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 10:41:50 pm »
Hello dear Connie!

Hope by the time you read this you are well on your way to recovery.  I'm sure your family has told you all about our waiting to  have Dr. Daniels telll us your surgery was all over and you were fine.....it was great, we have the greatest Doctor in the world, don't you agree?

Claudia
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 10:59:05 pm by deea »

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 06:15:21 am »
Claudia -

thanks so much for telling us that Connie's surgery is over and that it went well.  I was thinking about her last night and again this morning.  It's comforting to know she's doing okay.

Let's hope she has a speedy, uneventful recovery.

You're a new "postie" yourself.  How are you feeling?

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 11:19:57 am »
thank you so much, Claudia, for this update on Connie.... great news and thank you for sharing.... and as for you... well.... 2 "posties" now... I just love it! :)

Continued wishes for wellness to you both!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 12:02:04 pm »
Thanks Claudia - and congratulations to Connie on her 'postie' status!

I look forward to reading about her recovery and hope that Connie is soon able to post.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

pattibobatti

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 12:43:32 pm »
Congratulations to Connie!!!!

Hopefully she will have a smooth recovery. 

It is wonderful when all the surgery part is over.  There are new challenges ahead, but I hope they are small and with much support. 

Patti
17 mm AN removed 1-16-06
  retrosigmoid
  paralysis, cornea transplant,avascular necrosis

'Are we having fun yet?'

Denisex2boys

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007, 02:45:41 pm »
I am praying and hoping for your complete - uneventful - RECOVERY!!!!
- Oct. 16/08 - 12 hour 'blob-ectomy' at LHSC in London, ON - Dr. Lownie and Parnes
- Some internal facial numbness (cheek, tongue, eye), SSD, headaches (getting better), dry eye, some balance issues..... but othwise AWESOME!

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007, 05:06:21 pm »
Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Sue in Vancouver USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Ellenmn

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2007, 07:32:38 pm »
Hope things are going well.

linnilue

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2007, 08:08:12 pm »
This is great news...here's to a speedy recovery..
Left AN dx. 11/05 Linac radiosurgery 01/06 Burlington, VT for a 9mm x 5mm tumor.  No necrosis yet (2 yrs. post-op).  Multiple post radiosurgery complications, some permanent.  Have radio-oncologist here.  Now see Dr. McKenna, Mass. Eye & Ear Instit., Boston for flollow-up care as my main An doctor.

deea

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2007, 03:07:45 am »
Claudia here.  I talked to Connie's husband tonight and he said she is doing better today, not as dizzy.  Plans are for a move to the floor tomorrow.  I will go up to the ICU in the morning to meet Connie face to face for the first time!  I am so anxious to actually meet her.  Also want to thank the great nurses . They were fantastic !

Talk to you later and give you a update.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 10:28:51 pm by deea »

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2007, 07:05:35 am »
Claudia -

give Connie our best and tell her that we are thinking about her and wishing her a speedy recovery. 

Getting to meet each other should be wonderful.  As great at this forum is, it's nice to meet others who have gone through similar experiences face-to-face.  I met a few members recently at a local ANA meeting and I'm anxious to meet more in the near future.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

deea

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2007, 10:41:59 pm »
Connie is just as sweet as I know she would be.  When I walked into her room in the ICU I started to cry...I can't explain how emotional it was.  Tears running [only one eye] we hugged.  What a sweet and wonderful moment!  She is on the neuro floor this pm.  Still dizzy,but improving.  She will prob. be getting up for the first time tomorrow. 

I am really tired tonight....hope that means I WILL FINALLY GET SOME SLEEP!

Good Nignt,
Claudia

Battyp

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2007, 11:30:37 pm »
Wow claudia, I can't imagine seeing someone in ICU after having the surgery I did. I bet that was emotional.  Glad things seem to be going well for both of you.

M

Obita

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2007, 06:09:31 pm »
Hello there Postie Connie!!

Congrats my friend, you did it.  Lay low, take it slow and you will do just fine. 

Welcome to the land of Posties.  Kathy

PS:  A big thank you to you Claudia - I am so glad you and Connie have each other for support.
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines