Author Topic: Is it possible...  (Read 1744 times)

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
Is it possible...
« on: May 08, 2008, 03:08:36 am »
...for a second to drag on for 5 or 10 seconds or longer?  I've been awake for the last hour waiting for the clock to strike 5am so I can "officially" get up and start getting ready.  And the last hour has DRAGGED on FOREVER!  And, I have ONE MORE TO GO!  Sheesh!  The last time I was up this early, I was just going to bed.  Gotta be at the hospital in 2.5 hours and as fast as the rest of the day went yesterday, the closer it gets the slower it seems to be going.

No wonder Debbi sprinted into the operating room and double-somersaulted onto the table.  (heh..good visual eh?)

Maybe it's because I stole Phyl's thingy dinghy?!?   ???

WOW!  5 minutes gone just like that!  11 more posts like the above and It'll be 5am in no TIME... Ain't perception grande?

Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Is it possible...
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 06:31:25 am »
Brian -

couldn't sleep this morning, so I've been thinking about you and Kimberly for a few hours now.  Your surgery will be over before you know it, in fact, you might already be in the OR while I'm writing this.

Patience is a virtue - one that I don't personally have LOL - but it will help you a lot during your recovery.

I'll be checking in later to see how things went.  I'm anxious to hear that you (and of course, Kimberly) are fine - and there is no doubt in my mind that you will be.

Be strong,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 07:43:32 am »
Anxiety tends to be the enemy of sleep.  Brian will get plenty of rest today and in the days to come. 

I know everyone joins me in wishing him a very successful surgery and a rapid recovery.   

Brian: our prayers are with you.  Can't wait to see you back as a 'postie'.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

er

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 11:39:54 pm »
I remember that same anticipation, but when it was time ,  sprinted into the operating room and double-somersaulted onto the table was the thoughts I had to get it over with.
Good luck,   God will be with you holding your hand, if he hasn't already done it.
eve