Author Topic: I did it!!  (Read 5389 times)

Jeanlea

Re: I did it!!
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2008, 06:05:26 pm »
Thank you everyone.  Running has kept me going through this experience.  I ran-walked a 5K three days before my surgery and then came back and ran the 5K a year later.  Doing the half-marathon is another step to being stronger.  Running is addicting to me now.  Today I went out and ran 3 miles.

Good luck, David with your race on Saturday.  It doesn't matter what the length is.  The fun is in the running and crossing the finish line.

Jean
translab on 3.5+ cm tumor
September 6, 2005
Drs. Friedland and Meyer
Milwaukee, WI
left-side facial paralysis and numbness
TransEar for SSD

lori67

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2008, 08:30:36 pm »
Oh my goodness, Jean... I got tired just driving 3 miles today!!

I'm glad you posted this though.  I was going to do a half marathon a few years ago to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma society.. I am not and have never been a runner and normally wouldn't run even if there's someone chasing me, but it was for a good cause... then life happened and I wasn't able to do it as planned...I keep telling myself that one of these days I'm going to do it...hearing that it can be done is very inspiring!

Hey, you can come to Nashville next April for the Country Music Half Marathon!!  I'll come cheer you on!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

claire1

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2008, 09:02:23 pm »
Jean

Congrads from Philli, Pa.  You are an inspiration to say the least.  I had a dream to run the Boston Marathon, before the AN hit me.  Now I can see that it is duable, even if it takes me hours into the night.  I think I'll start training for next year.                                           
WHAT AN INSPIRATION@#$%^&*                       ()()()()()()               ****
                                                                        / /  / /  / /               *****
                                                                     ~~~~~~~~               |      |
                                                                   ~~~~~~~~~~     &    C|      |  = PRTY TIME
                                                                  ~~~~~~~~~~~            |     |
                                                                                                       |___|

Congrads Jean
Claire

Kaybo

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2008, 10:27:02 pm »
Jean~
I so wanted to encourage you before thebig event, but I must say everything has just been messed up with all these "face" issues (I've gone to Houston and back twice in less than a week) -- WAY TO GO, GIRL!!!!!
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Kaybo

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2008, 10:30:16 pm »
I didn't mean for that to post yet -- who knows what I hit!!

Everyone~
What Jean didn't tell you is that since she lives where it is SOOOOOOOO cold and snowy in the winter, she trained all winter on a TREADMILL -- I don't know about y'all,  but I think that is even harder to run on now -- I can't do it -- I can walk on one but not run!  More impressive... :o

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2008, 02:50:53 pm »
Way to go Jean!  What an accomplishment and what a role model for all of us.  Just goes to show us that life does go on for many of us.  Keep on running!

Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW