Author Topic: Oscillopsia  (Read 2410 times)

gremmie

Oscillopsia
« on: May 20, 2013, 05:50:46 pm »
Hello to all.  I am a newbie but quite honestly I have been reading and absorbing but not posting.  Approximately 1 and 1/2 years ago I was diagnosed with a left ear 3mm AN which we followed up to last December 27, 2012 where I decided to have SRS once we confirmed it was growing and grew to 6mm.  Therefore it has been almost six months since the zap with a two month scan that indicated it swelling to 11 mm with a loss of hearing, major imbalance issues and eye issues such as Oscillopsia. (no gaze ability and vision moving). One thing I am sure of after reading all of the incredible post on this forum is no two cases are alike and patience is everything. I continue to push forward with all of the issues, tiredness, foggy thinking etc.... that that have been posted on this forum and have felt better with my progress at the 6 month level.  The only thing that I have not read about in this forum has been the Oscillopsia?  Has any member heard of this before and what has been your experience with it.  I am currently involved in vestibular rehabilitation which includes therapy for the balance problem and the eye issues....

I would appreciate any comment or personal information pertaining to the above especially the Oscillopsia..

Thanks and I am grateful for all of the information on this site.

diagnosed 5mm AN, radiated 12/27/12 SRS
Ct 3/27/13 11mm
Dizziness and balance issues

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Oscillopsia
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 07:25:51 am »
Hi, Gremmie ~

I'm sorry you have to deal with an acoustic neuroma but glad you discovered the ANA website and have found the discussion forums beneficial.

Although I don't have any personal experience with SRS-related Oscillopsia I'm sure that if any of our members have any information they can share with you on this issue, they certainly will.

In the meantime, thank you posting.  We appreciate your generous words about the forums and I hope your Oscillopsia condition can be remedied soon.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.