Author Topic: Just for fun  (Read 12789 times)

LADavid

Re: Just for fun
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2008, 09:54:29 am »
Hey 16, this is a fun idea.  I did wonder how some people came up with names.  And Jan, I do think you were creative.  I thought Leapyr was a last name or something.  And like Kay said, I originally thought it was lepor.  When I signed on I wasn't being particularly creative that day.  I tried David but it was taken.  Don't know if I tried Dave.  But of course being from Los Angeles I added the LA to David.  Like I said, not very creative.
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2008, 10:02:56 am »
Great to have you back.  I hope you thoroughly enjoyed your trip to Palm Springs! 
I just put my first and middle names together for this site. I wasn't being creative the day I did my profile.  I'm sure I had a headache, but I didn't want it to be offensive to others!
 On others I am known as MizMoxie, because I am full of it and other stuff too!
I love reading the reasons folks picked the names they picked.  Oh and Phyl, I think your name suits you, not because of the pearl being your birthstone either!
Brendalu
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

lori67

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2008, 11:26:12 am »
Well, after debating for hours on my screen name...I was finally able to come up with this creative bit of genious....

And besides, "JerseyGirl" was already taken!   ;)

Lori (don't do the math on the birthyear - trust me - I'm 29)
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

jerseygirl

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2008, 02:29:34 pm »
Oh, Lori, you are hysterical! I doubt it will rub off but I hope to rub shoulders instead.

JerseyGirl
Right side AN (6x3x3 cm) removed in 1988 by Drs. Benjamin & Cohen at NYU (16 hrs); nerves involved III - XII.
Regrowth at the brainstem 2.5 cm removed by Dr.Shahinian in 4 hrs at SBI (hopefully, this time forever); nerves involved IV - X with VIII missing. No facial or swallowing issues.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2008, 02:56:53 pm »
This is turning out to be a very interesting subject.

I never in a million years would have thought that "Jim Scott" wasn't actually Jim Scott's name.  Next you'll be telling me that sgerrard isn't Steve's real name either  :o

I have to confess, I always wondered about yardtick - I've obviously heard of ticks, but couldn't imagine why Anne Marie would liken herself to a small bug.  Thanks for clearing that one up, Anne Marie  :)

Thanks for saying I'm creative David.  Creative accountants aren't always a good thing - shades of Enron - but we're not always dull either  :D

As for Lorenzo, I really like Il Magnifico  :D

OMG, I'm glad you started this subject; very enlightening!

Jan (the leper) 

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2008, 03:03:33 pm »
Jan,

My husband has a very different sense of humour.  Very DRY........lots of one liners and very sarcastic!!!   

Yardtick actually makes me laugh....strange I know :D

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

cindyj

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2008, 03:42:23 pm »
Yes, good topic, OMG16!  Only wish I had taken a minute to try to be clever about my user name, but, no, it's just my name...and my real one at that. 
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

onceagain

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2008, 05:31:00 pm »
I got the news of the return of my AN almost 12 years to the day of my first surgery.
My first name is Thom. I will try to remember to use it now that  I have a little less on my mind. (sorry)
1.5cm left side AN removed Middle Fossa 1996
SSD
return of AN 3.6cm 2008

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2008, 05:37:57 pm »
Good topic, OMG.  I got mine in college but it was "Pooter Ducky" then then I shortened it.   "Pooter" is obvious given my profession (going back to college) with computers.  I still go by "Pooter" from some in college.  I try to keep it from those at my current employer since I tend to use it everwhere in some form or fashion (e.g. PooterDucky is my eBay username), but that doesn't always work. :)

Brian aka Pooter...
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

Glenda

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2008, 08:17:39 pm »
This is a very interesting thread.  It is nice to hear how others came up with their names.  At the time I wasn't feeling very creative, just scared..... So I listed my real name.  It doesn't seem to be a popular name so it was available.  I think if I had calmed down before posting, I would have come up with something else. 
But like Jan mentioned, I would have never guessed Jim's name was not his real name.  Very Interesting........   :)

Glenda
Diagnosed 5 mm AN  Jan 2008
Deep in IAC
June 2010 7 mm
July 2011 8.5 mm
July 2012 1.1 cm
Nov 28, 2012 Mid Fossa Surgery Wake Forest Baptist Hospital-Winston-Salem NC, Dr John Wilson and Dr Eric Oliver

SSD tinnitus dizziness

Kaybo

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2008, 08:40:53 pm »
Wonder what else "JIM" is hiding???

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2008, 08:58:04 pm »
My imagination was removed with my AN, even though thats grown back, my imagination stayed away.

Larry - guess what my name is??????

Although, I prefer to be called Laz coz we shorten everything down under.

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

chocolatetruffle

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2008, 09:45:58 pm »
my screen name comes naturally for me, as chocolate is the FIRST food group for me =) ...........and for you too?
chocolatetruffle

2.8 cm left AN
Translab @ House/St Vincent's 11/27/07
Drs. Brackmann, Schwartz, Wilkinson, Stefan

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2008, 10:42:04 pm »
chocolatetruffle -

I'm a chocoholic and totally agree that chocolate is the FIRST food group.  Chocolate, it's not just for breakfast anymore!!!  LOL

K -

good point about Jim.  I'm wondering if that's even his picture he's been posting  ;)

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

sgerrard

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2008, 10:51:55 pm »
Did you know that you can change your display name? It does not have to be the same as your logon name.

I just entered my typical sgerrard logon name when I first signed up, since that is what I use at work every day. I Never even thought about it.

It turns out you can go to your profile, and edit your "display name", without changing your logon name.

For today, I will try Steve G. Tomorrow, who knows?  :)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.