Author Topic: Phyl's Column in ANA Newsletter  (Read 21817 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Phyl's Column in ANA Newsletter
« Reply #90 on: April 10, 2008, 07:56:27 pm »
Horse  ???  LOL
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

LADavid

« Reply #91 on: April 10, 2008, 11:01:07 pm »
I was a huge fan of Dudley Do Right and Rocky and Bullwinkle when I was a kid.  Actually I still am.  (Why are they still not on the air?)  But I wracked my brain over the name of DDR's horse.  I completely drew a blank.  I would never have guessed Horse -- but you're right.

And Anne Marie, while it was a bit before your time,  I loved the Sargeant Preston and Yukon King show.  Ever hear of it before?

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #92 on: April 11, 2008, 04:59:06 am »
I remember Sargeant Preston and the Yukon King Show.  It was on every Saturday morning along with some other great shows. (where I lived)  I also remember going to Niagra Falls and crosssing over into the Canadian side just so we could see the Mounties.  We went often.
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

lori67

« Reply #93 on: April 11, 2008, 08:03:06 am »
Those Canadians are so creative, eh?  Naming a horse "Horse".  Anyone remember "Petticoat Junction" with the dog named... you guessed it "Dog"?

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Kaybo

« Reply #94 on: April 11, 2008, 09:54:32 am »
Lori~
I used to love Petticoat Junction - I loved the opening where there was the water tower & train...
K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #95 on: April 11, 2008, 11:43:56 am »
I don't remember Sargeant Preston and the Yukon King Show, but I remember Petticoat Junction!

Anyone remember Clutch Cargo?  I don't really recall what it was about, but I remember the guy's mouth was kind of like a steam shovel.  It's weird the things you remember from childhood - or from last week when you watched TV Land  ;D

I used to love Tom & Jerry and Heckle and Jeckle.

The shows my kids watch these days are so pathetic  ::)

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #96 on: April 11, 2008, 11:47:16 am »
thanks for the gray hairs, folks.... I'll be sending you all the hairdresser's bill for the hair color she's now going to have to do on me......
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Kaybo

« Reply #97 on: April 11, 2008, 12:23:12 pm »
Jan~
My girlies LOVE Tom & Jerry -- they watch this one video over & over...it is so funny.  I agree - some of the other stuff they want to watch is just TRASH!!!
K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #98 on: April 11, 2008, 04:07:02 pm »
Nope, I don't remember the Sargeant Preston and Yukon King show, just a little too young ;D

Being married to a much older man LOL, my husband remembers.  He was one of the first kids to have coloured TV.  The day Elvis died was the first day we had coloured TV.  Talk about being deprived!!!

I remember Petticoat Junction and Uncle Charlie.  Do you remember My 3 Sons?  I loved that show and their Uncle Charlie too.

A walk down memory lane............ I love the Honey Mooners, Ed Sullivan Show, the Red Skelton Show.........were's that hair dye,

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Kaybo

« Reply #99 on: April 11, 2008, 04:24:01 pm »
AM~
OH MY GOODNESS!!  I LOVED My Three Sons...I guess now I have my own My Three Daughters...

Is your husband really older?  Mine is -- that is why I have always said that he spoils me so much b/c he thought that he was going to be a bachelor for all his life!! LOL!!  I am ALL for older men!!   ;D
K
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

lori67

« Reply #100 on: April 11, 2008, 10:20:46 pm »
Oh,  the Honeymooners.... I love that show.  I  got the set of DVD's of a bunch of them for Christmas last year!

I grew up with 3 sisters - no brothers.  My poor Dad... a friend of his made him a sign that hung out in the front of our house that said "Petticoat Junction" on it.

I'm always telling my older kids about how the old cartoons were so much better than what they have on today.  Nothing like Bugs Bunny and Wile E. Coyote...super genious....  Ah, the good old days...

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #101 on: April 11, 2008, 11:04:37 pm »
Wasn't the uncle on Petticoat Junction Uncle Joe  ???

I remember that because the song at the beginning says something about Uncle Joe moving kind of slow.

It's shocking the things that stick in my head from so long ago; I don't know if I should be amazed or appalled  :D

Lori, haven't you heard that Wile E. Coyote is now considered to be a violent cartoon?  Probably because he was always trying to blow the roadrunner up with TNT or drop anvils on his head. 

Jan

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #102 on: April 12, 2008, 08:53:19 am »
Yep, your right!!!  Cheap drugs I'm on clouding my brain.
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

sgerrard

« Reply #103 on: April 13, 2008, 12:05:49 am »

Lori, haven't you heard that Wile E. Coyote is now considered to be a violent cartoon?  Probably because he was always trying to blow the roadrunner up with TNT or drop anvils on his head. 

That is so lame, and such an uneducated view of the world. The predator-prey relationship is a profoundly important element of the ecological balance of nature. Wile E. was doing what any good coyote should do - hunt for prey. And Roadrunner was doing what any good prey should do - run away.

The ineptness of Wile E. at completing his task taught us valuable lessons about the foolishness of playing with dangerous things. (I can't say the depictions helped anyone learn physics, though).

Besides, when I was a kid, a movie was not a good movie unless it began with a Roadrunner cartoon.  ;)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #104 on: April 13, 2008, 08:19:04 am »
Steve -

I agree.  My siblings and I loved Wile E. Coyota/Roadrunner when we were kids - watched it all the time on Saturday mornings.  I couldn't believe it when I heard it referred to as violent.

Guess it's all in the way you care to spin it  ::)

Jan