Author Topic: Phyl's Column in ANA Newsletter  (Read 21765 times)

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
Phyl's Column in ANA Newsletter
« on: March 17, 2008, 05:51:53 pm »
Phyl,

I enjoyed your column and the picture in the newsletter.  You "rawk"!

Hugs,
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

MLB57

Re: Phyl's Column in ANA Newsletter
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 06:33:06 pm »
 ;D YES, Phyl's article was great!! But I wished EVERYONE would know what an inspiration she is to all of us who have had the pleasure of meeting her and bruching with her... Phyl has given so much of her time to the ANA forum and is a frequent caller (can she cash in on her frequent caller miinutes!?!>)-- We are so fortunate to have her!!! And what a nice photo of Phyl and the "Cheeky Bloke", Ian... ::)

Hope to see them both at our next brunch May 4...

Regards, Mary from  MA :-*
1 cm rt AN (retrosigmoid Jan 2001 UMASSMed Ctr/Worc, MA)
Residual left--continued growing--finished 30 FSR w/Dr Loeffler (Mass Gen/Boston MA) on Oct 22 2007... --April 2010--tumor shrank to 8mm and is a dark spot!!  Latest Update: April May 2017 scan shows no change!--Next MRI 2020!!  Life is good!!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 07:20:43 pm »
Phyl -

I am so jealous that you don't live around me  :(

We'll have to plan a brunch during the 2009 symposium so those of us who don't live near you can spend some quality time with you also  :)

I hate to sound like a broken record, but I STILL haven't received my newsletter.  If it's not here by the end of the week I'm going to contact the ANA and ask them to send me a new one.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 05:57:15 am »
aw, sheesh! Thanks Brenda and all.....very kind. I was asked to share in the newsletter about the discussion forum.... I only wrote what I witness here that YOU all do! :)  So, a "shout out" to you all! :)

Jan, the ANA was kind enough to send me a few copies.... if need be, send me a PM and I'll get one in the mail to you.  :-*

thanks again all... its YOU all that rawk that make this site what it is!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

jtd71465

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 07:27:11 am »
I look forward to '09 when we can hopefully have brunch(or at the very least a beer) in Chicago.

Joe-
Right side AN removed 1/10/07 @ NYU Medical Center
Dr's Roland and Golfinos

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 07:36:57 am »
I look forward to '09 when we can hopefully have brunch(or at the very least a beer) in Chicago.

Joe-

Joe, will buy you the first "pint" :)
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 09:34:52 am »
Joe -

don't drink beer myself, but will be more than willing to raise a glass of whiskey with any and all AN members in Chicago in '09 - or do brunch, or whatever. 

Count me in  ;D

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

lori67

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 10:23:35 am »
I'll take Jan's beer!

And Phyl - once again, that article was great and the picture was sooooo cute!!   :)

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 10:27:01 am »

Hmm great.. the two Joe's can head out for a few beers... and I finish off the night with a JD nightcap with leapyrtwins!...   8) 8) 8)
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 11:21:58 am »
well, just make mine a Gray Goose Martini, shaken/not stirred, extra olives, slightly dirty... better make it a double... for what JoeF and I do here... and to meet so many of in person.... I think I'll need it! :D

(jk, folks... hoping to make it next yr!)

Phyl

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2008, 02:19:45 pm »
we better get a bottle...  ;)
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2008, 02:30:02 pm »

Hmm great.. the two Joe's can head out for a few beers... and I finish off the night with a JD nightcap with leapyrtwins!...   8) 8) 8)

It's a date Joef - but JD is a little too rough for me; I'll be drinking Crown Royal  ;D

Phyl - thanks for the offer to send me one of your copies of "Notes" but in light of the article about you, I think you need to keep all of them.  I just emailed the ANA and asked them to resend my copy. 

Jan

Kaybo

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2008, 04:59:37 pm »
I got mine but haven't been able to read it yet -- I've been a little busy traveling to different time zones!!
Jan's right -- I'm jealous I'm not closer too...
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2008, 11:59:37 am »
Yeah, congrats on the article from me, too, Phyl!  I opened up the newsletter, and I said,  'Hey, there's Phyl and her Cheeky Bloke!"  And a handsome couple they are, too!

Suein Vancouver
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2008, 12:47:59 pm »
we better get a bottle...  ;)

AYE-MEN!!!!!!!!  8)

thanks again all... again, it's me writing about what all I see here from YOU, so YOU all are the subject matter and what makes this discussion forum rawk... not me.. but you. :)

Phyl