Author Topic: 17 months post Gamma Knife  (Read 6369 times)

PHB

17 months post Gamma Knife
« on: May 15, 2014, 03:53:55 pm »
I'm 17 months post Gamma Knife and the headaches seem to get worse than better. I can deal with the dizziness but the headaches and pressure persist. Anyone out feeling the same effects.

Thanks,
Phil

Echo

Re: 17 months post Gamma Knife
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 07:53:24 am »
Hi Phil,

I'm only 8 months post Gamma Knife and have no issue with headaches but I do still experience a wonky head from time to time.  My neurosurgeon told me to expect possible swelling and changes in my symptoms for up to 24 months post Gamma.  Hopefully your headaches will disappear soon - your almost at that 24 month marker, but perhaps you should touch base with your neurosurgeon to check for any swelling.

Cathie.

Diagnosed: June 2012, right side AN 1.8cm
June 2013: AN has grown to 2.4 cm.
Gamma Knife: Sept. 11, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital

Pathoppe

Re: 14 months from Gamma knife procedure
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 07:40:46 am »
 ^-^I have had headaches of various types for the last three months.my Gamma Knife procedure was done 14 months ago. My surgeon acts like
he has never heard of a gamma Knife patient having a headache.    He also says treating them is not his job. So I have one Imitrex left over and two bottles of Gabapentin....from when my neurologist was seeing me ; she left the practice, so God knows when I will see her again. My headaches typically begin in the eye. It feels like needles and pins stabbing my right eye.  Some times this " needle" headache continues to the "vice". Or so ok "vise" when you put an object in to hold it well......anyhow, I went to the ER a week ago because noting I took worked and I had had th headache for over 7 hours.....a " suicide" headache is what I call it, cause I seriously wanted to die.  There they gave me prednisone, Benedryl, phenegren, and Toradol and Solumadol. I was home in three hours, but still had a head that felt like a balloon.  My surgeon says the tumor is not any bigger than it was last MRI....and that he does not think the tumor is responsible.    But I have never had physical problems like these before my gamma knife procedure.  No one warned me about ANY OF THE PROBLEMS I AM HAVING NOW.  I am very angry to be treated as if I do not have a problem.
MY DAUGHTER LIVES IN MANHATTAN;   Does anyone know a good head pain doctor there?  Please respond

HoundMom

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 04:45:36 pm »
7 months post GK and the headaches are horrible. 
~Joanne

alabamajane

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 06:49:19 pm »
My suggestion is for both of you to start a new thread about post radiation headache and perhaps you will get more responses. This thread is old plus title doesn't refer to headaches so some may not read it.

I didn't have radiation so can't help in that regard. I just happened to read it out if curiosity.
Good luck to you both!! I'm sorry you are having issues.

Let us know how you get,,, we care!
Jane
translab Oct 27, 2011
facial nerve graft Oct 31,2011, eyelid weight removed Oct 2013, eye closes well

BAHA surgery Oct. 2014, activated Dec. 26