Author Topic: Dr. Wu at Tufts in Boston  (Read 3722 times)

Helga

Dr. Wu at Tufts in Boston
« on: May 05, 2009, 04:56:18 pm »
Has anyone had experiences/encounters with Dr. Wu (neurosurgeon) at Tufts in Boston? My insurance seems think he's "the guy" for surgery, although his specialty appears to be Gamma Knife.
Thanks for any info,
Helga

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Dr. Wu at Tufts in Boston
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 09:27:36 am »
hey Helga! :)  How are you doing?

I'm going to refer you to this thread:

http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=8734.0

He just had his GK at Tufts a couple of months ago and may be a terrific reference/resource to follow up about Tufts. Hope it helps!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Helga

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 04:18:42 pm »
Thanks Phyl - do you ever sleep?
Dr. Wu actually asked me to see Dr. Heilman, my last appt got cancelled, so I am off to see the wizard next Thu. Otherwise things are as fine as they can be, thanks for asking.
Helga

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 09:31:36 am »
who sleeps? ;)

great news about Dr. Heilman. I've heard good things about him, although I've never met him.  Please keep us updated here about him, in case others would like to research him/Tuft's.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Helga

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 09:19:30 am »
I really liked Dr. Heilman very much. Not only did he answer all questions very detailed and patiently, but called me at home at the end of his day at 7:30 pm to answer some more questions I had faxed to him. He did about 200 AN surgeries, not as many as I had hoped for, but pretty good experience nonetheless. I am planning my surgery for mid July, I will know next week for sure. Boy am I getting nervous! Well, hopefully Tufts will handle the scheduling and preop procedures well and I don't have to go through the dreaded "getting bumped". As soon as I have more info, I am planning to create a website similar to Allegro's so people can check on my progress.
Helga

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 07:06:19 pm »
Hey Helga! :)

You are noting "surgery" (as in scalpel and cutting?) or GammaKnife Radiation? Either which way, you KNOW I'm cheering you on!

let us know when it is scheduled so we can add you to the AN Calendar so we can all follow along!

Phyl :)