Author Topic: Those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer!  (Read 4041 times)

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
Re: Those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer!
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2009, 06:12:21 pm »
Wow, Soundy!  I feel like such a sloth after reading all that you have to do!  I know for a fact the Lord knew what he was doing when he made me a city girl. :D  I can see why you are longing for fall for all kinds of reasons.  I love October because we finally get a break from the heat and humidity, but I am enjoying the "idea" of summer...not your reality. ;)  Hope you do get a well deserved rest when the kiddos are off at camp!
Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

moe

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2009, 11:10:38 pm »
Soundy,
I am tired just reading your thread! Amazing what you can do post brain surgery. Congratulations on keeping a farm going with temps in the 90's and kids, and grand pa, etc :)
And K, I love the pics and your before/after photos from the T3 transfer. Ugghhh what a surgery.
But the results were worth it :)
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2009, 10:46:35 am »
Still having crazy and hazy days and looking for the lazy ones ...which today has been so far and I am still in pajamas
at nearly noon ...have to take the girls medical forms in sometime before 4:00 so I guess I should
start dressing ...at the pace I have set so far this morning it will take me another hour to get my clothes
on ...

last year I drove out to the hay field and gave Bo water every little bit ... without the Lyrica I am now on I
wouldn't be able to do what I have been doing ... I get the occasional breakthrough head aches but my
head isn't hurting 24/7 ...lyrica has been a mini miracle for me ....one thing I can't do is swim and get my
head under water... the pressure starts a headache ... but I can float and bob around which works too ...
as long as I kick the girls out of the pool ... ;D

we have had rain last few days so Bo is getting a break before starting our hay ... looks like he will start on
Monday if the weather monkeys are right with their predictions ....

3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2009, 11:20:34 am »
Soundy,
Well done on your lazy morning!  You deserve one-or several-of those.  I have actually been productive, but only because I have had school stuff/meetings to attend to.  Today will be spent w/a book in my lap.  House is clean...only because I hosted book group at my house on Wed.  Now we have a shiny house and good food left over to munch on  :D

Hope the weather holds for Bo. I don't know how he stands the heat and humidity!  My poor husband has been climbing around in the attic trying to get the a/c drain line to unclog.  It is 95 outside, probably 110 in the attic, and he looks like a dishrag. My job is to stand by the window and see if the drain is draining.  Looks like he will have to do some engineering to get the clog out.  Doing w/o the a/c is not an option.  I can take it until about 3 or 4 in the afternoon and then I get cranky.  My daughter just called from OK and said the sky is green and it is hailing.  Great.  Hubby's comment was "Isn't that tornado kind of weather?"  Don't say that when I can't do anything about it except call her back and sound like an anxious mom!  Which we all tend to be.

I have had a few more headaches lately.  I guess I will just have to see how the post-op headaches do w/the summertime barometric changes.  Glad the Lyrica is working for you!  That puts things back on a more even keel for you.  Good luck with it.

Oops...back to my window watch.  God bless the person who invented a/c, and husbands who can tinker with it :D.

Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

NL

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2009, 11:55:23 am »
PS ...

we almost lost my FIL this morning ...

he had rode his riding lawn mower over here to look at the pool and the 4-H chickens ...

Soundy,

Your post about your FIL reminds me of a beautiful movie you might enjoy, "The Straight Story." It's based on the true story of a 73 year-old man who used a lawn mower to travel over 300 miles from Iowa to Wisconsin to visit his ill and estranged brother. (He couldn't drive a car due to poor eyesight and health and couldn't afford bus fare for the trip.) It's really a very sweet story.

Though maybe you should watch it while your FIL isn't around - I'm sure you don't want to give him any ideas.  :)

Nancy
1.6 cm left AN diagnosed Oct. '07
1.9 cm on 2nd MRI, May '08
Retrosigmoid surgery at House Clinic/St. Vincent's on 8/6/08
(no post-op dizziness, nausea, facial or balance issues)
Thankful for a fantastic team of doctors - Dr. Rick Friedman, Dr. Marc Schwartz, & Dr. Michael Stefan

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2009, 12:56:00 pm »
MsMaggie,

If it's 90 outside your attic is about 135!  My hubby is an HVAC tech and he says if your husband is in the attic unclogging the drain he needs to stay well hydrated and needs to come down every ten minutes or so. Tell him to put a cool cloth around his neck when he goes up, it helps!  Just some tips to keep him safe!  I just checked my attic and it is 137!
Don't make him work too hard!
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT