Author Topic: Have any of you ladies tried eyelash tinting?  (Read 2683 times)

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
Have any of you ladies tried eyelash tinting?
« on: May 20, 2009, 09:14:02 am »
Since I have an eyelid weight and very thin skin, I have not worn any eye makeup for nearly a year now.

I was wondering whether eyelash tinting would be something to try? Has anyone done this and know how long it lasts, etc?

Thanks,
Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

Kaybo

Re: Have any of you ladies tried eyelash tinting?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 12:21:18 pm »
Sara~
I have not ever tried it, but my mom has done it my whole life (well, now she just does eyebrows, I think).  Usually she would have it done about once a month when she got her hair cut.  I think her lady now does eyebrows, but not eyelashes.  I have gone thru various stages in the last 13 years of wearing NO make-up on the AN eye to wearing FULL make-up.  Now (when I do wear it), I wear full eye make-up EXCEPT mascara on the bottom lashes.  I just curl the top and put on mascara very carefully - I LOVE it because those lashes are so think & long now!!  I could have been wearing make-up the whole time, I just didn't THINK i could!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 12:35:08 pm »
Hi Sara,

Putting on my cosmetologist's hat for this one.

Caution should be followed in doing eye lash tint, esp. with gold weight.  With certain precautions (ie: vaseline oinment used around the area to prevent the tint from seeping into the eye, use of Q-tips/cotton, etc), it could be done.... but I'd prolly shun from it.  The color used us pretty much the same as all-over (single process) hair color and can hurt.

K noted a good suggestion... I would say use an eyelash curler first... then just a wee bit of mascara to the ends/tips of the lashes....

Just a suggestion.

*takes off cosmetologist's hat*

Hope that helps.
Phyl
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 12:36:41 pm by ppearl214 »
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 07:48:48 pm »
I agree with Phyl but here is Canada we do not use hair colour for eyelashes or eyebrows, we use a vegetable dye (if interested I will get you the name but only a licensed professional can buy it)
I tint my own eyebrows. I was a hairstylist (for 15 years) and still renew my license and I took courses to learn waxing and tinting. I would not tint my eyelashes now, I certainly would not want to risk injury to my eye. Years ago I had my eye lashes tinted and PERMED...yes crazy but true.
Return of eyelid function is my prime concern now and certainly superseds beauty. Don't get me wrong I love my make-up.
Michelle  ;D
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.