Author Topic: Ck - The Great Cyberknife adventure here at BNI in Phoenix Arizona  (Read 52470 times)

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Ck - The Great Cyberknife adventure here at BNI in Phoenix Arizona
« Reply #195 on: June 03, 2009, 10:44:41 am »
Mary ~

Thanks for a very positive and edifying account of how you've dealt with your AN-related deficits and, even more importantly, how you've persevered and surmounted these issues.  Your attitude is positively inspiring!  Your 'glass' is more than simply 'half full' - it's overflowing!  :)  May God continue to bless you with a servants heart and a love for life, even when it isn't 'perfect'.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

cindyj

« Reply #196 on: June 03, 2009, 11:04:37 am »
Mary!  Hey!!!  Thanks for the wonderful one year anniversary update!  So wish I were going to Chicago to meet you (and everyone else!)!  You know I love your great attitude - you have indeed turned lemons into lemonade!  Glad to know that you are so busy, and doing so well, and having such fun, that it's hard to get to the forum often - that is really how it should be, right :)

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #197 on: June 04, 2009, 09:12:06 am »
Mary-  I was so glad to read this post!  It seems like only yesterday that you were headed in for cyberknife (while I was recovering from surgery).  I always like reading your posts because, no matter what, you find a bright side.  I think you remind us all that if you look deeply enough, you'll find blessings to count.  Thanks, Mary!  And, I will see you in Chicago!!

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #198 on: June 04, 2009, 11:10:11 pm »
Congratulations, Mary  ;D

See you in Chicago!

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

sher

« Reply #199 on: June 10, 2009, 12:19:35 pm »
Hi Mary!
I don't get on the forum very much these days, but saw your anniversaries!!! I am sure you are glad to be at this point with your journey. I whizzed by my 1 year diagnosis anniversary and am looking forward to my one year MRI. I too still have some balance problems and hearing strength comes and goes. The shrill is always there but I am getting used to it. The one thing that I have been dealing with is a neck herniation starting to press on the spinal cord... this resulting from all the falls I have taken over the years. Possible surgery in the future for that. So is your AN shrunk or stable at this time?
Life it good, I am working alittle bit at my profession as a floral designer and doing some consulting for a new florist. (I used to own my own for 12 years before all of this) just awaiting that 1 year MRI and good news. Thanks for all the kind emails you have sent me.. and thanks for showing us all that life does go on.
I will update when I have my MRI.
Sherry
1.2cm x 0.6 cm extracanicular component (7 mm) 05/08/08
MRI in AUG 08  showed 30 % growth
Having CK 9/30, 10/1 and 10/2/08
1/12/08 MRI shows swelling