Author Topic: Waiting for the other shoe to drop  (Read 10660 times)

moe

Re: Waiting for the other shoe to drop
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2009, 08:19:02 am »
Hi Anissa,
Great posts from everyone. Totally normal what you are feeling.
You're probably even over your worries after alll these nice posts. :)
My tumor was totally removed (sacrificial facial nerve involved)>
One year MRI said no tumor. Next one in  5 year point. I'm thinking. "Are you sure?"
A little paranoid, I guess. And yes, every noticeable change could easily be attributed to an AN on the other side!
You have quite the crazy BUSY life with all your kids. I'm still impressed at how good you are doing, BTW.
Keep it up :)
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

alicia

• it is well
Re: Waiting for the other shoe to drop
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2009, 08:55:59 am »
Anissa - we have not chatted much, but I have followed your posts since you had surgery just before I did.  I also noticed your almost 40...me too...next Monday. 

I feel the same way...what else is going to happen?  I went in for a baseline 3 mo MRI...asked 4 different times..."is this a fat suppression MRI?"  I was reassured each time.  Then my Doctor called and said "They gave you the wrong MRI!"  So last week, I had to go in for another one!  Laying there for so long just leads to thoughts of regrowth!  I am so worried about potential problems, it drives me nuts.

I have to say that most people start feeling old when they turn 40, but with the AN journey, I feel too young to deal with all this!  Puts life in perspective, doesn't it!  Take care and let's both try to relax.  Alicia
02/16/18 III to IV post GK Facial Paralysis
12/13/17 Gamma Knife
05/19/09 Translab Larger than expected - Drs used the word "tangerine"   House - Friedman and Schwartz
04/02/09 Diagnosed Left AN 3.2cm x 2.6cm x 2.7cm