Author Topic: Thank You Jan & Lori  (Read 2286 times)

mikjul1

• Baha blog.
Thank You Jan & Lori
« on: April 18, 2009, 05:01:47 pm »
 ;D I got my recovery kit today its people like you that makes it easier to go through. The hersey kiss are they before or after surgery well I guess before lol.  ;) Thank you again  I will let you know how it goes tuesday I am nerves it is getting closer.  Lori & Jan can you email me your address ?
:) BORN IN THE GOOD OLD USA :)
SSD on right side since 1974
BAHA surgery on 4/21/09 Dr. Carla Lawson
BP100 turn on date 8/13/09

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Thank You Jan & Lori
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 05:11:41 pm »
Mike -

thank you for the enthusiastic thank you - first time I've smiled all day  ;D

Glad you like the kit - it's just a little something that Lori and I started based on a little whim we had. 

As a certified chocoholic, I can say with confidence that you can consume it any time you like.  And feel free to purchase refills - chocolate is one of the greatest pick-me-ups known to man.  Although Lori might say I'm confusing it with Margaritas  ;)

I am confident that you will do just great on Tuesday and I'm looking forward to an update from you.

Lori and I don't live together - although at times I wish she did because she not only cooks, but she cleans  ;) - but I'll PM you my address.  I'm sure Lori will do the same.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

mikjul1

• Baha blog.
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 05:14:12 pm »
I can not have a Margarita due to surgery so close chocolate will defnitely due  ;) .
:) BORN IN THE GOOD OLD USA :)
SSD on right side since 1974
BAHA surgery on 4/21/09 Dr. Carla Lawson
BP100 turn on date 8/13/09

lori67

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 11:35:06 am »
Mike,

Glad you got your goodies!  I would have eaten the chocolate first too - in fact I was tempted to eat them as I was putting them in the box! ;)

And since you can't have the margarita right now, I guess I could take one for the team and have one for you.  I know, another sacrifice on my part... but someone's gotta do it!   ;D

Jan, if you have enough margaritas, you won't mind cooking and cleaning so much! 

Mike, you'll do great!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 09:14:49 pm »
Jan, if you have enough margaritas, you won't mind cooking and cleaning so much! 

I will definitely take that into consideration ;)  :D

Good luck tomorrow, Mike.  You'll do fantastic!

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

NL

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 12:04:39 pm »
Mike,

Best of luck on your BAHA surgery today!

I appreciate the informative BAHA links you've posted lately - the slideshow with surgery pics was pretty amazing, and answered questions I've had about the procedure. But I'm looking forward to hearing about it from you first hand very soon.  :)

Lori and Jan - What a sweet way (no pun intended ;)) to welcome Mike and others to the world of BAHA!

Nancy L

1.6 cm left AN diagnosed Oct. '07
1.9 cm on 2nd MRI, May '08
Retrosigmoid surgery at House Clinic/St. Vincent's on 8/6/08
(no post-op dizziness, nausea, facial or balance issues)
Thankful for a fantastic team of doctors - Dr. Rick Friedman, Dr. Marc Schwartz, & Dr. Michael Stefan