Author Topic: New Consult Scheduled.....Great doctor in Baton Rouge.  (Read 5209 times)

CROOKEDSMILE

New Consult Scheduled.....Great doctor in Baton Rouge.
« on: March 24, 2009, 09:06:10 am »
Well. My prayers have been answered. I was going to fly out to Chicago to see Dr. Putterman (internationally renowned oculoplastics doctor) and then did some extra research and found a lady who trained under him just 5 hours from my home! Dr. Jane Olson. My appointment is April 13th the day after Easter so I guess the Easter bunny will bring me more than just eggs and candy this year! She also is a trainer in facial fillers so she will also do collagen injections to my deep nasolabial fold and to my lips along with the canthoplasty to fix my eye! Dr. Olson has two practices....one in Baton Rouge, Louisiana where she works for 2-3 weeks then she goes to New Haven, Conn. where she runs her other practice. She also does lectures at Yale University on Oculofacial Plastics and has published many journals/articles. If anyone in Louisiana or Conneticutt is looking for an Oculoplastic Surgeon I will gladly give you her contact information. The staff is very compassionate and professional.
Looking forward to no more droopy eye!
Angie

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
Re: New Consult Scheduled.....Great doctor in Baton Rouge.
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 12:39:22 pm »
I'm happy for you Angie. Maybe the other surgical delay was divine intervention after all.

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

CROOKEDSMILE

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 12:56:36 pm »
Sara,
I couldn't agree with you more! I do believe that things happen for a reason and I'm glad it happened before the surgery and not after!
I am thinking about you and your family.
Angie

Sonja

• Calendar
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 10:12:28 pm »
Angie:

Reading your post made me smile. I am very happy for you. I do believe it is divine intervention. God does answer prayers. I am certain you will do well.

Sonja
Symptoms 2005
AN diagnosed January 2007
Watch & Wait until now
Surgery (Translab) scheduled February 18, 2009 HEI (Dr. House, Dr. Schwartz, Dr. Stefan)
No servicable hearing in affected ear

Keri

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 09:35:48 am »
Hi Angie,
I'm glad this has worked out for you as well.
Hope all goes well!
Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 11:19:13 am »
Angie -

I've never heard of Dr. Putterman - world reknown or not - but then again I'd really have no reason to.

What hospital is he affiliated with?

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

CROOKEDSMILE

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 03:06:24 pm »
Hi Jan,
He owns his own practice in Chicago, IL. He does Oculofacialplastics so you probably wouldn't know him unless you've looked into plastic surgery for your face or eyes which hopefully you won't ever have to do!
Angie

CROOKEDSMILE

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 03:17:56 pm »
Thanks for the well wishes as those of you with facial paralysis know how any little bit helps when it comes to the pesky 'ol eye! Hope it helps!
Angie

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 07:31:57 pm »
Hi Jan,
He owns his own practice in Chicago, IL. He does Oculofacialplastics so you probably wouldn't know him unless you've looked into plastic surgery for your face or eyes which hopefully you won't ever have to do!
Angie

Actually I did have elective plastic surgery on my face approximately 30 years ago.

Dr. Putterman must be affiliated with some hospital, do you know which one(s)?

Thanks,

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

lori67

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 07:35:06 pm »
A-HA!  I knew those bright blue eyes couldn't be real!   :D
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2009, 07:44:29 pm »
How did you know??  :o

CROOKEDSMILE

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2009, 10:58:04 am »
Hi Jan,
Here is his information directly from his website. If you want....you can google Dr. Putterman and tons will pop up for you to read.

Fortunately, Dr. Allen Putterman, the first surgeon in the country to limit his practice to plastic and reconstructive procedures of the eye area, can remold these problem spots.

In over 35 years of distinguished private practice, he has successfully performed thousands of facial operations.

Dr. Putterman does most of his operations at a state of the art surgery center at 900 North Michigan Avenue .

111 N Wabash
Chicago, IL 60602
United States
Phone: 1 312 372 2256
Fax: 1 312 372 1762
www.drputterman.com
Industry: Healthcare
Dr. Putterman has been in private practice for 32 years, and has had extensive experience during that time. He is Professor of Ophthalmology and Chief of Oculoplastic Surgery at the University of Illinois College of Medicine, and is Chief of Ophthalmology and Director of Oculoplastic Surgery at Michael Reese Hospital. Dr, Putterman has published over 280 scientific papers, mostly on oculoplastic surgery instruments he has invented. He has contributed to more than 50 textbooks, and recently published the third edition of his definitive textbook, Cosmetic Oculoplastic Surgery. Dr. Putterman has also given over 270 lectures in his field, both nationally and internationally. During his illustrious career, Dr. Putterman has garnered many prestigious awards, including recognition in each publication of the Best Doctors Book since 1994, a listing in Ophthalmology Times "The Best Ophthalmologists in America," inclusion in Chicago Magazine as one of the "500 top doctors in Chicago", and Town...

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2009, 10:36:44 pm »
Cool  8)

Thanks.