Watch and Wait > For those in the 'watch and wait' status

Age and Treatment

(1/3) > >>

microsoftfree:
I hope it's okay to ask a question here since I haven't even been diagnosed.

I have been reading about people in W&W for several years? So does that mean that the older you are, if the AN is small and not growing, you may never have to do anything about it? Is this at least a possibility?

NancyMc:
Absolutely!

OTO:
Since surgery always has some risk, and the results of radiation treatment can be gradual, factors such as age, overall health, current symptoms, size of AN and growth rate can be considered while choosing your treatment...

microsoftfree:
I'll be 60 in May!! ;D ;)

leapyrtwins:

--- Quote from: microsoftfree on March 27, 2009, 06:55:53 pm ---I have been reading about people in W&W for several years? So does that mean that the older you are, if the AN is small and not growing, you may never have to do anything about it? Is this at least a possibility?

--- End quote ---

It's definitely a possibility.  Theoretically, the older you are, the slower your AN grows.  I say "theoretically" because that's generally - but not always - true.

The important thing is to monitor your AN through periodic MRIs to see what it's doing.  You might want to discuss this with your doctor and see what he recommends.

Jan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version