Author Topic: This Week (3/15) in the Tempestuous World of the AN  (Read 6246 times)

wendysig

Re: This Week (3/15) in the Tempestuous World of the AN
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2009, 05:14:32 am »
Steve

Congratulations on another clean MRI -- sorry your hearing levels have gone down a bit though.  Since speech discrimination has returned to pre-treatmen levelss,  does cranking up the hearing aid help?  I hope so. 

Best wishes,
Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2009, 08:44:05 am »
GREAT news Steve!  Another successful radio treatment... love to hear it!  So, if I talk, you will say you can't hear me as well?  You know the jibber-jabber I do... so, you can just claim hearing deficit, much like my bloke does ;) :)  Seriously, congrats! :) Truly!

As for the rest noted on this week's list...... wellness wishes to all having treatments this week.. congrats to all those achieving onward and upward and great "feets" that I certainly could not do! :)  And most of all.... be well all!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

lori67

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2009, 08:58:51 am »
Now this week is definitely a caddy wampus one too! 

Safe surgery/happy birthday/congratulations/good luck/happy running/happy St. Patrick's Day and a "give 'em heck" Seal!!!  I hope that covers everything.

Seal, good luck on the bagpipe lessons!  I had a friend who was taking lessons last year - she had to stop because she lived in an apartment building and the neighbors thought she was torturing her cat!   :D

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

moe

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2009, 09:16:32 am »
This is great. Does David do this every week? Keep us informed of the AN happenings?
I'm still finding out all kinds of stuff-you guys are great!
SEAL-So sorry to hear about the United Healthcare insurance problems. My irish genes would be screaming! ARRGGHHHH :'(
Love the leprechaun, Capt Deb
Luck o'the irish,
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

texsooner

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2009, 09:22:54 am »
Keri, I think it's awesome that you are even attempting to do a half-marathon only 2 months after AN surgery. You're an inspiration.  I know about the signing up for something as motivation...I do the same. Good luck

Patrick
3.5cm left side AN; 11 hour retrosigmoid surgery 8/11/08 @ Memorial Hermann, Houston - Texas Medical Center with Drs. Chang and Vollmer; home on 8/13/08;
SSD(w/tinnitus); dry eye; Happy to be here and feeling good.

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2009, 10:04:47 am »
Seal, good luck on the bagpipe lessons!  I had a friend who was taking lessons last year - she had to stop because she lived in an apartment building and the neighbors thought she was torturing her cat!   Cheesy

I just purchased electronic bagpipes for my son so he can practice in Edinburgh (where he attends Uni) without driving his flatmates out.  These use headphones, so no one hears the sound but the piper.
And Seal, I feel terrible about what you're going through.  Why can't we just have global health care coverage?!
Nancy
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2009, 04:03:11 pm »
Steve:

Congratulations on another 'unremarkable' MRI.  Although we're all unique, sometimes it's good to be 'unremarkable'.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2009, 05:32:54 pm »
This is great. Does David do this every week? Keep us informed of the AN happenings?

Yes, he does.  And he does an excellent job of it too!  Thanks, David  ;D

Congratulations Steve.  Great results  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

LADavid

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2009, 07:25:33 pm »
Great news, Steve.  You survived the Tube O' Gloom.  That's pretty cool news about the unremarkable scan too.

Happy St Pats Day.
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Keri

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2009, 09:31:00 pm »
and Steve, in response to your post, the next time I sit in the MRI tube o' gloom for 45 minutes, you'll then run the half marathon? We'll switch off!

Glad you're results were unremarkable.  Thank you for all the help you are for all the people here on this forum!

Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2009, 09:47:31 am »
Another moniker for Steve--"Unremarkable Steve!" I hope the Irish bloke didn't spill any beer on the Tube controls and fry any of the gizmos, causing you to have to spend any more time in there!  Frightful! Yikes!

Run like the wind, Keri, run like the wind...............

A pox on United Healthcare, them scurvey sons o' bilge rat's arse warts!!

Hugs to all,

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2009, 04:06:04 pm »
Congrats on the clean MRI, Steve!  You deserve a homemade hat... oh wait, you have one.  ;)  Congrats!

Regards,
Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2009, 05:13:50 pm »
Congrats on the clean MRI, Steve!  You deserve a homemade hat... oh wait, you have one.  ;) 

Well then, in honor of Steve's clean MRI, I think he should knit you a hat, Pooter  ;)
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

lori67

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2009, 07:07:15 pm »
Hmmm.. for some reason I seem to think Brian is more of a tiara-wearing guy!  Maybe Steve could knit a hat and sew in some rhinestones!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.