Author Topic: Putting on my ANA Forum Moderator "hat".....  (Read 12502 times)

4cm in Pacific Northwest

Re: Putting on my ANA Forum Moderator "hat".....
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2009, 09:25:54 am »
I think Steve should set up a vendor's booth at the symposium and auction off his knitted hats as a ANA fundraiser.

LOL  ;)  :D

A teal colored hat - hand knitted by moderator Sunny Disposition Steve. Ok $300... $350... going once twice ... do I hear $500 ... yes $500 going once, twice, three times ... to the lovely lady with the tinnitus and AN tumor removal. Sold. Yes ladies and gentlemen a rare find are these hats by such a unique and gifted artist..."

Oh teasing you Steve ... I would never part with my precious "toque" for any price. Even my teenager had her eye on it ... "that is mine ... it is not to go to high school ... mine!!!!"

I'll bet though that it will be fashionably hip to be near the Drake hotel in August and there are all these distinguished guests dressed in knitted hats. Just think this amazing cultural trend was started by our very own Steve. :-*  ;)  :-*

:D DHM  :D ;) :) ;D

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

sgerrard

« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2009, 09:33:42 am »
If I ever have to have surgery, would you knit me a hat????

Please don't have surgery just to get a hat.  ;D

I am working my way through the list, based on participation on the forum, I guess. I have been looking out for a good maroon yarn, too.  ;)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2009, 09:53:02 am »
so, if I make it to the symposium... it's my lavander toque covering my brain-boogered head and me pirate eye patch covering me poor, old eye! :) Works for me!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2009, 01:16:25 pm »
This has all the makings of a "cult"!  *stealing from DHM's idea....*

Associated Press  CHICAGO

" People gathering together with the same hat on their head, in a multitude of colors, chanting, "What?",   "Huh?",  "Pardon me?", have taken over Chicago.  A few are sporting eye patches and keep saying "Arrrr".  This is an alarming and unusual event in the Windy City, and the locals don't quite know what to make of it. This reporter tried to get a statement from one man, who seems to be the instigator of all of this, but couldn't get near him because he was too busy passing out knitted hats. Authorities have been notified."

Sue in Vancouver, USA

Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

tenai98

« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2009, 01:36:31 pm »
Maroon did I hear Maroon???? My favorite colour...Well kind of a mix between burgendy and maroon...I'm just learning to knit. So far so good...made grandkids some booties, two prs of slippers and tons of those knitted dishcloth...will soon try a hat.
JO ;D
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7

joebloggs

« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2009, 06:20:10 am »
Knitting of my second scarf is going well, although I did lie to the air stewardess today when I said I didn't have anything pointy in my hand luggage on my flight today... I figure if they check I'll just feign innocence... I didn't realise knitting needles were a weapon - I'm so sorry!  I'm such a bad girl, living on the edge, what a knitting rebel!
Right sided AN 2.7cm at last MRI.  Hearing loss/facial numbness.  Translab scheduled March 11th 2009.  Translab at Royal Melbourne Hospital, Australia successful!  Total tumour removed, SSD, no facial issues, numbness has left the building, balance issues but they'll get better and I'm loving life!

lori67

« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2009, 09:45:33 am »
Well, we wouldn't want you knitting a hat for the airplane pilot!   You traveling troublemaker!!   :D

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

LisaP

« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2009, 05:18:05 am »
Steve

Thanks for thinking of me, believe me, I have no plans of having surgery unless I have to.  I just think we could start a new fad!!!

LisaP ;D
LisaP
AN at 12mm by 7mm by 7mm,  shown no growth as of September 26, 2013, 5.5 years into this journey.  Next MRI 2015. Doctors: Mason and McKenna.  Continue to W&W