Author Topic: One week to go... time to put the brown underpants on!  (Read 11615 times)

wendysig

Re: One week to go... time to put the brown underpants on!
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2009, 06:22:27 am »
Hi Jo.

I kept busy doing lots of fun things, both with my kids and husband and friends. We actually drove to Florida and went to visit my brother and DisneyWiorld three weeks before my surgery;  I was lucky enough to get together with a few people from this forum a little less than a week before my surgery; my friends also kept me busy shopping and going out to lunch; cleaning the house was also great for keeping busy and burning excess energy.  I'd just crank up stereo and go like a fiend.  The house looked better than it had in a long time by the time the day of my surgery arrived.  I have to agree with Lori, I don't want to do this anymore, I have better ways to spend my time.   ;D ;D ;D

Wendy

1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

HeadCase2

• Carpe Grog
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2009, 08:54:49 am »
JB,
  Good luck with your impending AN treatment.  I remember well the last week before surgery.  It's hard for your thoughts to be on anything else for long.  I agree with the others that diversion is good.  Do some of those things that you've been putting off-- like going to your favorite restaurant.  I also remember that time seemed to accelerate the last few days before surgery-- I guess I was resigned to the need for treatment, but really couldn't believe how soon it arrived.
  You'll soon be a postee, and on the way to recovery.
Regards,
  Rob
1.5 X 1.0 cm AN- left side
Retrosigmoid 2/9/06
Duke Univ. Hospital

GrogMeister of the PBW

GeorgiaMei

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2009, 01:34:12 pm »
Hi JB. I'm not sure if today is your day, but I wanted to let you know I am thinking about you!  The first part is done...all that waiting.  Good luck!  Karen
3.3cm x 2.6cm : Translab resect 3/08
Post-op epilepsy , multiple clots in brain sinuses
Chronic H/A, Facial paralysis, Imbalance, Vertigo
CN VIII removed-deaf in R ear
Received amazing care from Drs. Roberson and Colen at CEI/Stanford (www.californiaearinstitute.com)