Author Topic: Need help with a recommendation please!  (Read 9509 times)

lindabrand

Re: Need help with a recommendation please!
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2012, 05:45:08 am »
yes they did.  if you click on the second link and then 180 approach it states EEA can be one of the options.  Will let you know more when i talk to him next Tuesday.  I really hope in my case I am a candidate for this EEA its really the best option i can see. Brgds Linda

lrobie

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2012, 09:26:34 am »
My surgeons were Drs. Gardner and Hirsh (neurotologist).  Dr. Gardner never mentioned EEA as a treatment option for me.  I'll be interested to hear what he tells you.  Maybe they've decided to start trying this approach on AN patients.  Try doing a search on his forum to see if any other patients went this route.

Lisa
6/2009 7mm x 4mm  W&W
8/2011 9.5mm x 5mm
2/2012 UPMC Follow-up , slight growth
Surgery on 7/18/12 w/Drs. Friedman & Schwartz (mid-fossa)
www.caringbridge.org/visit/lisarobie

LizAN

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2012, 11:27:13 am »
yes they did.  if you click on the second link and then 180 approach it states EEA can be one of the options.  Will let you know more when i talk to him next Tuesday.  I really hope in my case I am a candidate for this EEA its really the best option i can see. Brgds Linda

I did find this statement:  "Our team has pioneered and refined minimally invasive brain surgery techniques, including the Endoscopic Endonasal Approach for tumors and lesions in the skull base and upper spine,..."

Sounds promising.  See if you can find out how many of these they have done.  I would not want to be one of the first 100 or so.

Liz
8/20/2010 - 9mm AN on left side 
Fullness, tinnitus, mild hearing loss
2/20/2011 - 8mm
4/20/2012 - 12.4 mm
Moderate to severe hearing loss, LOUD tinnitus, deteriorating balance
Facial numbness and twitching, which subsided pre-surgery
Translab at House, 7/3/2012, Slattery and Schwartz