Author Topic: This Week (2/1) in the World of the Odious AN  (Read 2289 times)

LADavid

This Week (2/1) in the World of the Odious AN
« on: January 31, 2009, 12:11:03 pm »
It's already February.  Of course it does seem like ages ago since New Years.  Not a lot going on this week in the way of surgeries.

On Sunday, Lori (Lori67) will be celebrating her 2 year Translab anniversary.  Any big plans?  Whatever you do, celebrate well.  Congratulations, Lori.

On Wednesday, Sam (sammict) finally is having a Translab.  It seems like I just wrote about your CFS Leak.  Best wishes for a very successful surgery and a quick recovery.

Also on Wednesday, Vickie (Boomer) is having Endoscopic Surgery at the Skull Base Institute here in LA.  I remember you going through a lot of difficulty making this decision.  Have a great surgery.

On Friday, Phyl (ppearl214) is having a hearing test and an AN/Chiari follow-up.  Phyl, what's an AN/Chiari?  Whatever it is, I hope it doesn't hurt and that you get good news.

On Saturday, the new Georgia ANers will be getting together for the first time.  Some really great people in that group including my first Forum buddy, Tammi.  Have great fun, y'all.

And I'm celebrating an anniversary of sorts.  A year ago, on February 4th, I discovered my new family.  I found the ANA Forum and I found you.  I've been through a bunch of ups and downs over this past year and things have been tough, but all of you have been there for me when no one else was.  It has meant more to me than you know.  From the bottom of my heart, I thank you.

And that's it for this week.  Wait a minute.  I think I'm missing something.

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!

Being an old Pittsburgh boy, I just had to slip that in there  ;D

Have a great week everyone.

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Kaybo

Re: This Week (2/1) in the World of the Odious AN
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 12:29:15 pm »
Thanks David for the wonderful update as usual!  We are all sure glad you found us - I think I can speak for all when I say that YOU have enhanced our lives!! ;D

Good luck & prayers to all.

Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 12:30:55 pm »
So glad you found us David :-*

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 01:46:53 pm »
David, after meeting you I now understand why I liked you so much, even virtually!

I wish everyone well this week, may the sun come out in Ohio, (just like for a minute), and I have to join David in saying "go steelers!   (Because I'm a Cleveland/Eagles fan, I have to choose a side.)

Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 06:32:44 pm »
Great job, David, as always!  :-*

AN/Chiari... ok, I have my backup surgeons in place, who also happen to be the ones in New England for Chiari malformations (I have Chiari 1 malformtion, which was diagnosed at the same time as my AN). 

So, I will have my hearing test and meeting with the NS on Friday, so she can check my AN progress (they are in the wings, if need be, gawd forbid the CK doesn't work).. and to check on my Chiari 1 to make sure it has not gotten any worse.

Chiari:  good laymens info here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnold-Chiari_malformation

Ok, nuff about me...

Lori, raise a glass of your fave beverage for me! :)  Kudos hun! Happy Anniversary!  :-*

Sam and Vicki, thoughts and wishes for speedy recoveries!   :)

As for the GA ANer's... now, I have had the honor to have lunch with cindyj and hoping she will lie about me for having met me in person. I am SOOOO sorry I won't be in town for it... have a great time, take LOTS of piccies and have a peach cobbler for me! :)  Will let you know next time I am in town to visit my mom and sisters, so maybe we can plan something then.  Bon Appetite, all!

And David, as for your discovery of "new family"..... I am SO very thrilled you found us here. I am so tickled you share so much with us... your journey, your pangs and pains, your joys... your humor... your dedication to those here.  Truly, we are SO very blessed that you are a part of this family (did I make you blush yet?).  BTW, since you are now family, the trash has to go out and the dog needs to be walked... don't forget to scoop after!  :-*

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 06:54:53 pm »
David, I can't wait for each week's update, just to see what adjective you come up with for the week. 

The Forum is lucky to have you, David.  You're a keeper.

Sue in Vancouver USA

Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 03:18:36 pm »
David, I can't wait for each week's update, just to see what adjective you come up with for the week. 

You know I feel the same way! 

Lori -  what can I say?  Happy 2nd anniversary  ;D  Can you give us an update on the progress from your 7/12 jump surgery?  I kind of lost track as to how that's going.

Sam -  like David said, your surgery has been a long time coming.  Glad your big day is finally here - I'll keep you in my prayers.  Hope all goes well.

Vickie - you're in my prayers also.  Best wishes for a swift recovery. 

Good luck with the tests, Phyl.  Don't forget to give us an update.

Wish I was in Georgia - I'd love to the join the Aners there.  Have a great time everyone.  Don't forget to post some pictures for the rest of us.

And, last but certainly not least - David.  Can't believe it's been one whole year since we had the good fortune of meeting you.  In addition to your wonderful adjectives and writing style, you have added so much to the Forum.  In your honor, I'll be rooting for the Steelers today - sorry, MaryBK.

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009, 03:41:19 pm »
Lori, Happy ANniversary, Phyll, good luck wiv the pokin' and prodin' and testin' and all, and may everyone's surgeries have great outcomes. As for YOU David dear, what would we do without you and who would keep track of everything for us memory-challenged buncha wonkyheads? Thanks bunches for all you do for all of us. You RAAWWWK!

Big Hugs!!!

Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

chocolatetruffle

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2009, 10:53:12 pm »
david, thanks for the weekly update and keeping us straight!!!

and.......WOOHOO! Steelers won!!!  a good game and a good job by the cardinals too  ;D
chocolatetruffle

2.8 cm left AN
Translab @ House/St Vincent's 11/27/07
Drs. Brackmann, Schwartz, Wilkinson, Stefan

sgerrard

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2009, 11:00:26 pm »
Best wishes to Sam and Vickie for great results.

Lori, nice that they had a big football game in honor of your second anniversary. :)

David, not only am I glad that you do this job (not me), I too am pleased that you are here among us. How time flies.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.