Author Topic: 1st follow up MRI - good news  (Read 6705 times)

kimbo

• We do not remember days....we remember moments.
1st follow up MRI - good news
« on: February 12, 2009, 11:41:17 am »
Hi folks

I had my first follow up MRI in January after diagnosis in August and the news is there is no notable growth; great news.  Doctor said next MRI 12 months away.  I am so relieved and I have found since receiving the good news its not consuming my everyday thoughts as much as it was.  So for now I will just keep on living the good life enjoying family and friends and when the time comes I will move into the next phase of the journey.  Wishing you all a happy day and no AN growth.

Kimbo   ;D

Diagn 8/8/08 AN right 13mm x 9mm
mod/severe hearing loss & tinnitus
Translab surgery 05/17/2011
SSD & CSF leak x 4
Aussie

Kaybo

Re: 1st follow up MRI - good news
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 12:00:00 pm »
Great news!  ;D

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 04:50:54 pm »
Kimbo:

Congratulations on the excellent news!  May all your MRI's be like this one.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Mickey

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 07:48:00 pm »
Way to go Kimbo! I`m with you and doing the same thing. I have 6 mos. to go for the completion of my first yearly after 2 stable 6 mos reports after diognosis in Aug. 07. Keep the faith!, Mickey

LisaP

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 06:00:27 pm »
Hi Kimbo,

Congrats on no growth, I also received good news on 2/4/09 with no growth and hopefully can go another year until my next MRI.  We both continue on the "watch and wait" team!!

LisaP
LisaP
AN at 12mm by 7mm by 7mm,  shown no growth as of September 26, 2013, 5.5 years into this journey.  Next MRI 2015. Doctors: Mason and McKenna.  Continue to W&W

kimbo

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 01:49:27 am »
Wishing Mickey a good report in 6 months and LisaP congratulations on no growth, thank you.  I know W&W doesn't suit some people but I am more that happy to wait as long as I can.  My current symptoms I can cope with for now and I hope with time there will be advancements in the treatments of AN particularly in the surgery area.  Imagine a discovery in a surgery approach that minimized the quality of life issues so many patients have to consider; now that is worth waiting for.

Kimbo

SSD & CSF leak x 4
Aussie

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 07:41:37 am »
Congratulations, Kimbo  ;D

Jan

PS - who's the fine looking young man in your profile picture?  I'm guessing it's one of your sons.  He's very handsome  :)
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Mickey

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 11:27:40 am »
Thats good news Lisa! Keep the faith! I`m pretty much going to say alot more on my change in lifestyle with some supplements added if I get a good MRI report in AUG. this year. Don`t want to say anything yet untill I`m certain that all is good. I`m keeping the faith! Mickey

catlover

• 13 days post-op. I still have my smile!
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 02:52:28 pm »
Hi,

Wonderful news!

Have a good life and enjoy every day!   :)

All the best from Helene in Sweden
AN found in February, 2006, size 0,8 cm
Surgery 20th May, 2009, retrosigmoid approach
SSD and balance issues
Forever grateful to Dr Siesjo and Dr Kahlon, University Hospital of Lund, Sweden
Two AN:s found 1st March, 2016
Waiting for GK

kimbo

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2009, 03:20:40 pm »
Jan

Thank you for your well wishes, the good looking young man is my eldest son at his high (secondary) school graduation; as you can see we are immensely proud of him as he did very well and has now gone on to university (I think you call it college) to become an electrical engineer; a life long dream since he was 13yrs old.

Helene

Thank you and nice to here somebody from Sweden; my husband lived in Sweden in the 1980's in Basebalsgaurd as a farmer (sorry if the spelling is wrong) and he has very fond memories of your country. 

Kimbo
SSD & CSF leak x 4
Aussie

suboo73

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2009, 06:35:03 am »
Kimbo,  Congratulations!  Wishing you all the best for future reports like this one!

Lisa P - Congratulations, too!  (Sorry if i missed your good news earlier)

Mickey - crossing my fingers (arms, legs, eyes, etc., etc.) for good luck on your next report - and sending prayers, too.

Each one of you give me the hope and strength to carry on thru this phase of W & W.

Sue
suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W

Mickey

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2009, 11:05:12 am »
Hi suboo! Thanks for the support. I see you were misdignosed for 12 yrs.?  That may have been a blessing in disguise. I think I may have developed mine going back at least 20 years. In any case the older we get the more stable these things according to reports get. I`m 60 now and at 40 would have probably got mine done. I`d rather be at this stage of the game with minimal symptoms and a chance of stability. Nobody knows for sure and with our AN`s all around the same (12mmX6mm) it`s worth a shot. I say my prayers daily for all, Keeping the faith! Mickey