Author Topic: TransEar problems...  (Read 3068 times)

marg

TransEar problems...
« on: January 03, 2009, 08:39:31 pm »
Hi,
    I have had my TransEar for 14 months and it has been of great help to me...the problem is that I am sending it back for the 2nd time in 14 months.  The first time (this summer) I think a wire disconnected between the over the ear piece and the in the ear piece ...so it didn't work at all.  It was within a year so the repair was covered.  This time I still get a little sound (on the highest setting)  but it is very garbled .  I am 2 months over the year and have no idea how much I will have to pay for it to be repaired.  I am VERY careful with my transear and every night put it in the  cleaning machine I got when I bought it.  It seems to me that the TransEar should not have this many problems in such a short amount of time.  Has anyone else had problems with their TransEar? 
marg
Marg 
 4 mm  AN removed .. middle fossa   5/07 OHSU  Dr. Delashaw
AN scraped off facial nerve & balance nerve removed
 MRI  follow up showed AN gone ... thank you God
Some facial paralysis- . SSD weeks after surgery.  Trans-Ear Nov.2007 ... it really helps !

Jeanlea

Re: TransEar problems...
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 09:45:00 pm »
Hi Marg,

I had a similar problem.  It was the transducer causing the problems.  I got a new transducer and haven't had any more problems.  I also had a problem with the wire earlier.  Luckily it was still under warranty.  I haven't had new problems since then.  It may just be me, but it seems like it works even better now than when I first got it. 

Jean
translab on 3.5+ cm tumor
September 6, 2005
Drs. Friedland and Meyer
Milwaukee, WI
left-side facial paralysis and numbness
TransEar for SSD

marg

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 11:00:08 pm »
Thanks Jean.  I'm going to call them on Monday and mention what you said..... I'm hoping they will extend a little grace and not charge me an arm and a leg.
marg
Marg 
Some facial paralysis- . SSD weeks after surgery.  Trans-Ear Nov.2007 ... it really helps !

sgerrard

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 08:31:53 pm »
Donnalynn,

I think you can PM our transear member Rick, logon TransEarXpert. Here is an earlier post by him on "TransEar in Canada", with his info: http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=7209.msg83954#msg83954

It also has an email address for him, and a link for the company website, which lists the number 1-888-382-9327.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

marg

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 10:22:43 pm »
Hi Donnalynn.... I just got on line.  Glad Steve could help you out.

I did call Trans-ear on Friday and found out that I could have had an extended warrentee (sp?) (one more year of coverage) through my hearing aid provider ...... but I didn't know this until 3 days ago from Trans-Ear.  The strange thing is that I had asked when I talked to them before (several months ago when I bought the Trans-ear) and the person I talked to at that time said I would have to talk to my hearing aid provider and ask him.   I did ask my audiologist when I bought my Trans-ear and he said he didn't know of any extended warrentee....Boy am I frustrated.    Anyway, I told the man at Trans-Ear that I was going to be sure and let you all know that there IS an extended warrentee available .  I don't want anyone else to get caught like I did..... with a problem with their Trans-Ear outside of their coverage time.
     I hope whatever is wrong is an 'easy fix' .   I really love  my Trans-ear and think it helps a lot especially in the classroom...... just hope it gets fixed and stays fixed for a long time.
marg

Marg 

jazzfunkanne

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 06:25:13 am »
Jean did you know there is a newer model of the transear coming on the market ?
over 4.5cm AN removed dec 06

jazzfunkanne

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 06:26:01 am »
donna i have ricks email address if you want it PM me
over 4.5cm AN removed dec 06

Jeanlea

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 06:45:59 pm »
Anne,

Yes, I've heard that there is a newer model of Transear out.  I'm saving up my money so that I will be able to get it next year.  I've been watching the thread that asks if anyone has one.  I think it came out in October.  Wonder how it compares to the one I now have.

Jean
translab on 3.5+ cm tumor
September 6, 2005
Drs. Friedland and Meyer
Milwaukee, WI
left-side facial paralysis and numbness
TransEar for SSD

marg

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009, 12:22:45 am »
When did the newer model come out?  Not that I want to get another one (once I get mine back fixed I hope it stays fixed).
marg
Marg