Author Topic: Blinking  (Read 3863 times)

cate4Him

Blinking
« on: December 15, 2008, 01:13:36 am »
My AN was the left side. 9 years ago. Both face and hearing gone. I have been noticing that my right eye is now becoming lazy. As if it wants to join the left in effort. Even at night it is not closeing all the way. Anyone have advice?

Kaybo

Re: Blinking
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 08:24:26 am »
Hi!
Have you ever had an eye weight??  I got one after 7 years and it was WONDERFUL - I waited that long because I didn't know about it, not because I didn't need it.  I had it for over 5 years and when I had the T3 in March, I had it replaced & that one slipped out of position.  I had it removed in October and believe it or not, I have had NO (knock on wood) trouble since then.  We were just letting it heal fully before putting another one in but now it looks like I'll keep it out for a while.  However, the second I start having trouble again, I'll get one back - it made my life so much easier!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

CROOKEDSMILE

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 09:33:09 am »
Hey Kay,
Are you blinking without the weight?
Angie

Kaybo

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 11:37:56 am »
Angie~
I don't know if I am "blinking" but no dry eye or problems...maybe an occasional extra drop than the one in the morning and the Refresh at night...& it is COLD and WINDY here!!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

cate4Him

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 03:30:52 am »
Kaybo, Hi. Thank you for your suggestion. I guess I always hoped that my face would come back...so, I never considered a weight. But I think it must be time. Do you think that the weight strengthened muscles so that now your eye blinks? I have tried to do eye exercizes to strenghen both eyes and if I would consistantly do them I think it would help. But the weight seems like my next step. Thanks. Prior to the weight did your working eye get lazy? cate

jazzfunkanne

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 03:55:02 pm »
I think the eye weight dose strengthened the muscles, i have had mine two years now and my eye lid is beginning to look heavy, i have the lightest weight, so i think it may be time to get it removed (fingers crossed)
over 4.5cm AN removed dec 06

cate4Him

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 12:04:05 am »
anne, I have a call into a doctor to get a weight. Any advice?

Kaybo

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 09:32:22 am »
I don't have any feeling on the aN side so the surgery was really easy for me.  I used frozen peas for an ice pack b/c they kind of "mold" around your eye better since they are small.  If you work, I would try to schedule it at the end of the week so you have the weekend to laze around!  PM me if you have other questions!

K   ;D
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!