Author Topic: eye weight surgery  (Read 3306 times)

bltfollis

eye weight surgery
« on: December 03, 2008, 08:41:52 pm »
just had my eye wt and tuck on monday, just curious if anyone had suggestions on:

1. balance issues secondary to only having use of one eye
2. post op swelling/ pain
3. what to expect,
    a.vision
    b.will my balance and dizziness improve
    c. after swelling subsides does it look fairly normal
currently i look like rocky balboa( rocky I) i keep wanting to say " cut me mick" and the funny thing is everyone includind strangers ask you what happened to my eye, now the scar on my head i tell kids is from a shark bite, but i tell these people "when your wife tells you to lift the toilet seat you do it"

thanks bill from philly

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
Re: eye weight surgery
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 06:50:55 am »
I did have a little pain for about 24 hours after the eye weight surgery ...  I have a few meds and they took care of it ... balance was about the same... A few months after the surgery my motherinlaw said," Joe you have a bug bite on your eye lid ! there is a little bump there! " I got a good laugh...
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 08:59:27 am »
Hi Bill:  1st a congratulations on the eye surgery.  I have a platinum weight in, & it really helps my eye look more symmetrical.
Since I have total facial paralysis I still put in Refresh PM lubricant (exclusively) several times a day b/c I still can't capture my tears.
My vision in the right eye is always blurry due to the lubricant, but you learn to adjust.
This surgery did nothing for balance/dizziness - this will take some time for your good side to adapt to the AN side.
As I remember, it will take time for the swelling/bruising to subside (everyone's healing time is different, so just go with the flow).
Continued healing,   always good thoughts,  Nancy
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 11:05:37 pm by nancyann »
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

bltfollis

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 11:16:26 pm »
 hey joe and nancy thanks for the responce helped a little, still look like rocky balboa after lets say 8 rounds with apollo , can keep my open most of the day mornig and evenin is worst, its funny though i never realized how much you wink at people or use one eye for gestures till you cant , its nice to have some fart, sided facial expression back, thank you again for your well wishes ,happy holiday to all and stay well

ps joe please dont freeze onthe river fishing i have a feeling you ice fish as well

yours in health bill from philly

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 08:57:42 am »
Actually I dont ice fish! .. I will take the kayak out during the winter on warm days as we have some striper fishing right thu the winter!!

Nacyann .. how are you doing ?... your after surgery pictures where great (from months ago) , do you have any more impovement ?
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 11:18:19 am »
Hi Joef:  I'm doing great !   The swelling has gone down & the appearance is amazing.   I just had another lateral canthal sling done - my eyes are nearly symmetrical. 
At the end of the month I see the oculoplastic surgeon again, I've decided to have a tube inplanted in my eye to drain the tears so they don't keep running down my face.
That should be the end of the surgeries.  Life is good !

Always good thoughts,  Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

bltfollis

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 03:47:05 pm »
hey nancy glad to hear things are coming to a close with your eye(didnt mean to make a joke) however hope things continue to improve for you lotta good cheer and healing to you this holiday season,

yours in healh bill

ps : did you ever have periods where you felt like you were going backwards ,balance wise,meaning not progressing but regressing