Post-Treatment > Cognitive/Emotional Issues

How much excess Dura fluid do we make after AN treatment?

(1/1)

4cm in Pacific Northwest:

Immediately after surgery, 16 moths ago,  I had brain swelling and CSF leaks. It was very hard for me as I was having challenges at focusing in thought, speech etc. Motor coordination was also poor.

With Diamox and time- the CSK leaks cleared up …

During the day I am now fine and do not have any cognitive issues. However at the end of the day I am very tired and I just go to bed when I know I am exhibiting symptoms. I do always question,

"AM I simply exhausted from balancing all day with only one remain vestibular nerve or am I getting a build up of Dura fluid at the end of the day?"

For those of you having cognitive issues I highly recommend that you get a neurologist to look at you post-op MRI and to look at the Dura fluid- particularly if there is a sign of excess fluid.

Here is a video that was shared with me by a family member.

NPH- The untold story

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fm0CZh_X-vM

In past medial documentation cognitive issues are not suppose to happen with AN tumors.  ???

When I see this video about hydrocephalus- it has me asking many questions.   :-\

I wanted to share this video with you-all…

DHM

wendysig:
Wow, a great video!  I am fortunate not to have any major problems, but this might help someone else.  Thanks for sharing.

Wendy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version