Post-Treatment > Cognitive/Emotional Issues

I'm having a pity party/meltdown

(1/4) > >>

tc:
Hi everyone,
I am 3 years out from my surgery date (September 23, 2005).  I thought I was coping very well with everything, lousy balance(especially at night), total loss of hearing in R ear, R sided facial paralysis, aspiration when eating, salivating when eating from r eye, vision changes, and who can forget the constant headaches, and scalp tenderness,  etc.  (everything that alot of you are going through also). Anyway, about 2 weeks ago I started this pity party for myself, I guess I thought that I would wake up one day and it would all go away, but I realized that it is here to stay.  Any suggestions besides more drugs, heaven knows I am taking enough!! ;)
Tammy

nancyann:
Tammy:  I'm a little behind you with the surgery(6/19/06), but at times feel the same way with the lingering issues.  I had the T3 surgery 11/07 which really helped my appearance;  the thing is the eye issues with me.  The only advice I can give you is what I say to myself, 'Keep a peaceful heart, let the bad feelings go', then I think things can alsways be worse (alot of people don't like to hear that but it does help me).
Remember, we are ALLOWED to have these feelings;  but I think if it's lasting more than usual you may need some supportive therapy, antidepressant or change in antidepressant if you're already on one.  Deep breaths help alot, nature walks, etc.
Hope you feel better soon,  Always good thoughts,  Nancy

Kaybo:
Tammy~
All I would add is make yourself get outside or at least open the blinds and let some sunshine in!

K

tc:
Thanks for the input.  I took your advise and went for a walk outside, very cold but the sunshine helped.  Sometimes the Lexapro just doesn't cover it!! 

Kathleen_Mc:
Pity parties are allowed.....just a matter of for how long you let the party go on!
I am 18 years post -op and still have them from time to time but set limits on them.....when, where and for how long ......when the party's over just carry on!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version