Author Topic: does anyone know?  (Read 2589 times)

klangel

does anyone know?
« on: February 11, 2009, 07:19:53 am »
first i would like to say that its good to be back! been having ongoing computer issues and cannot seem to get them resolved. but for now at least i am back online! yay!i recently went to a psychiatrist and a neurologist because i cant stand this q.o.l. anymore and i think im losing what is left of my mind.the psychiatrist gave me a new medication called pristiq which is making me sicker than i already feel. ( sounds like a feminine hygiene product to me anyway!)so next time i go there im cutting that med loose.the neurologist said theres absolutely nothing that can be done to help this extreme cranial nerve damage that has happened as a result of my surgery. i went out in tears (out  my one good eye) again. i dont want to give up. i just cant accept that i have to live in the hell of this head for the rest of my life. there must be something out there to help. maybe a different kind of doc or something. but i just keep hitting a brick wall. does anyone out there have any suggestions? i already go to chiropractic, biocranial, massage and lymphatic drainage which helps somewhat but no cigar in the big pic. just feel so alone and trapped in here and no one understands either which makes it worse. i feel ive turned into a mean old sad lady. if anyone knows what kind of doc i could see to help or anything else that may help please let me know. id be eternally grateful.  kerri

Kaybo

Re: does anyone know?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 04:36:33 pm »
Kerri~
I am sorry that you are having troubles again.  I went back & reread your post from November - it seems like you got a LOT of good suggestions then and were feeling better.  Were you able to try any of that?  I am sure it is VERY frustrating going thru what you are and I won't pretend to empathize...but I can sympathize.  You have my prayers.  Are you part of a church or service group that does stuff for others?  I have found that when I do things for others, I don't seem to focus as much on ME & then I can feel better...just a thought...

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
Re: does anyone know?
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 05:16:24 pm »
Hey Keri,
I'm sorry you're feeling poorly.  I understand.  My good days are very good but the bad ones are totally awful, and I'd like half-a-head transplant.  I've been reading about a type of doctor called a "physiatrist".  They specialize in recovery/rehabilitation issues.  Everything from spinal cord to brain.  Their website is http://www.aapmr.org.
Best,
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.