Author Topic: Mixed feelings  (Read 8186 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Mixed feelings
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2009, 09:52:51 am »
moved to "Physician" forum as this discussion is loosely based about AN treating physicians. Thanks for understanding. Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2009, 10:59:55 am »
Jules, you're in Austin?  I never put 2 and 2 together.  I have family and friends there and visit there fairly regularly.  We'll have to get an Austin group together for lunch the next time I'm there..  I'll be at McKinney State Park (south Austin between Bergstrom and I35) on Hwy 71 in about 2.5 weeks camping with my daughter.. :)

Small world..

Regards,
Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

Kaybo

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2009, 11:52:54 am »
I used to live in Austin, taught in Round Rock and we had a Christian bookstore in RR...didn't remember if I'd mentioned that)...just want to connect!  ;D

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

JulieE

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2009, 12:23:02 pm »
Hi Brian,  Actually we are about 15 miles from McKinney Roughs!  Can I recommend the Dinosaur Park across and just West on Hwy 71 if you have an aspiring paleontologist in your family.  We just had my 6 year olds birthday there - fun!  As far as a lunch that would be nice, but the weekend you'll be here is the (21st?) science fair in Austin and my 9 year old has moved on to compete in it, so we'll be swamped.  PM me about another time you'll be in Austin.  Any other ANers from here?

Hey Kay,
Yes I remembered you were in this area when you were first diagnosed: I didn't know you had the bookstore though - how cool!
I follow your blog from time to time and found it interesting we (you, Deb, and I) all posted on our blogs with animal crisis the same day back in November!  It was as though we were all cosmically challenged by similar issues!

Take Care,
Jules

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2009, 04:25:33 pm »
Jules/Brian:

This is going way off subject .  As pleasant as the Texas AN meeting information may be, I have to put on my moderator hat (it's an imaginary fedora, not a knit cap) and ask that you guys take this kind of personal exchange to PM or e-mail.

Thanks.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2009, 06:13:59 pm »
doh!  I've been smited on the nose!  heh.. Already done so, Jim.  I'll PM Jules with any further info on a get together.  And, we'll likely start a topic in "AN Community" for other Austin-area people to join.  :)

Sorry about that..

Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

EJTampa

• Rays Vs Red Sox Game 2 ALCS (Isabel and Ernie)
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2009, 10:02:16 pm »
I never take offense to people chatting off topic on a thread I started anyway, but I suppose the mods have to earn their keep.  Oh wait, they don't get any keep :).

Thanks for moving this thread Phyl.  I should have posted it here to begin with.  I'm such a newb!  Now, off to mark the calendar and start a new thread! 

Ernie
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.
-Had to cut hearing nerve to get "sticky" tumor, so SSD right side.

JulieE

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2009, 10:57:57 pm »
Ernie, Thanks for letting us wander off, but i'm back to say that I'm happy you got a date and that you have reached that "comfort zone" with your physician! 
Best of Luck to You,
Jules