Author Topic: TransEar from Santa Cruz,CA?  (Read 3053 times)

Arasha

• El camino es largo y dificil pero no imposible.
TransEar from Santa Cruz,CA?
« on: October 05, 2008, 04:49:10 pm »
Hello,

I ordered my TransEar at Hearing Aid Center at Santa Cruz, Ca.  I will get it on October the 8th ....SOON!!!. Some experiences getting from this Center?

Thanks for your comments,
Gloria
Left side AN 2.5x1.8 removed on 10/17/2007 endosc. by Dr.Shahinian (retrosig) at SBI, LA,Ca. Facial phalsys (almost back). Balance issues. Tinnitus. MRI 8 months later showed AN was resected completelly.TransEar 11/2008. Clinical trial for SoundBite 11/2009. SoundBite user.I have the best family.

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
Re: TransEar from Santa Cruz,CA?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 09:51:51 am »
Hi Gloria-

I still haven't been able to find anyone to fit me for a Transear (at least no one who is in my insurance plan!)  However, I remain optimistic and would LOVE to hear how you like your new Transear?

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

Arasha

• El camino es largo y dificil pero no imposible.
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 03:57:50 pm »
Hi Debbi. I was so anxious to get my TransEar that I could not sleep the night before Oct 8th, BUT, IT DID NOT WORK !!!, I did not feel any difference with and without!!!, the doctor asked me to uses it for 8 days but, at the end of the first day I just had migraine!!!, the next day I called directly to the TransEar Co  to ask if there is the possibility that the hearing aid could not work, the lady made me many questions and finally they contacted to the doctor in Santa Cruz to make another mold; they think that the mold was not correct!!! well.... Here I am waiting for another month to see if the TransEar will work on me or not :(
Take care,
Glori

Left side AN 2.5x1.8 removed on 10/17/2007 endosc. by Dr.Shahinian (retrosig) at SBI, LA,Ca. Facial phalsys (almost back). Balance issues. Tinnitus. MRI 8 months later showed AN was resected completelly.TransEar 11/2008. Clinical trial for SoundBite 11/2009. SoundBite user.I have the best family.

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 08:26:51 pm »
Hi Gloria,

I just went to the ENT today.  (Santa Cruz, CA.)

The news at the ENT was interesting, to say the least.  (extreme pressure in my *good-ear")  Steroid spray will take care of that in two weeks time but, I must use it daily, for my life-time.  (heavy allergies here) 

It's interesting that the good ear working so hard doing more over-time than it would if, I had hearing on both sides meaning that I should have better hearing, into older age than I would on that one side---if it had the help of the otherside.  (that is what I was told today; comments?) 

The bad news is, I was able to understand over half the words said into the right-side AN ear, upon the last testing a year ago.  Now, it is getting close to zero (totally gone) and the audiologist expects it to be at nothing at all, by the next exam/testing.  I can't understand any words on the SSD right area, anymore.

Add background noise to the good ear in any situation and that makes you/me almost totally deaf in such an environment.  The strain of trying to understand conversation during a day causes the extreme fatique as we all know.

I went into the Santa Cruz Hearing-Aid-Center for further discussion about my musicians ear-plugs.  (by the way........I used those for concerts, my own playing music and when booked for a long dental appointment such as, root-canal treatments, etc.)

That is my experience in the Santa Cruz audiologist appointment this time!

Good luck neighbor, with your TransEar.  I'm happy for you---may it work..........

Palace

« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 04:49:28 pm by Palace »
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness