Author Topic: Blinking......  (Read 3327 times)

CROOKEDSMILE

Blinking......
« on: November 04, 2008, 01:32:08 pm »
Well...I can blink some but it is VERY weak and I mean VEEERRRYYY weak. When I turn upside down on my head I can close my eye and keep it closed against gravity (something therapist have you do..) I can take eyelid weight off and close all the way with no white showing. That little sliver of white that use to show is gone. My question now is when will I blink strong? Is this usually the only type blink that you recover or does it get better with the dreaded word..."TIME". Oh yeah I can also wink the bad eye but that takes work. It seems to me that if the nerve has recovered to do all of these magnificent things that it should ought to be able to blink right.
Anyone out there that had these advances then blink finally got strong again?
I don't ever use drops and I know that my eye tears.....I test that one often lately.
Angie

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
Re: Blinking......
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 02:30:14 pm »
Of course I cannot answer your question being eleven months behind you on the time frame thingie. But I do think that just like everything else, with time your blink WILL get stronger.

I also think it is JUST GREAT that you have come back this far. Yay! You can blink! Yay! You can wink! Go Angie!
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

CROOKEDSMILE

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 05:24:47 pm »
Michelle,
I couldn't find the thread where you talked about your eye watering more. I have to say that I remember when mine started to water like that...at first it was just enough to collect in the lower lid and went nowhere. Not enough to fall down my face. Then it would collect and the tear would pop out of the center of the lower lid and land on my cheek...weird now 15 months later it waters like it used to. No drops. It did go through phases of tearing ALOT to where it would go down the back of my throat and I was tasting so much salt that the doc thought I had a CSF leak (salty liquid down back of throat can be symptom of leak) Finally realized that the nerve was overactive trying to repair itself and made the tear gland go nuts. Now it does fine. Waters normal. Just thought I'd let you know how I progressed so that you have something to go by not that this is the norm.....(I never follow the norm but anyway) So glad to hear you're starting to make tears.
Angie

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 02:51:12 pm »
Thanks Angie,
I am hoping this is all a good sign... I am always so cautiously optimistic. I have been thinking of you.
Sending good thoughts your way.
Michelle  ;D
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

calimama

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 12:53:16 pm »
Angie,

How far out from surgery are you again? I am pretty sure it is like a year and half or something.
thanks.
Left 2.9cm CP Angle AN discovered Jan 2008. Retrosig surgery June 2, 2008 Toronto, Canada. Facial paralysis and numbness, double vision (4th nerve), SSD. DV totally recovered in 4th month; palsy started to recover slowly around month 7. Had twin boys 13 months after surgery. Doing great.

CROOKEDSMILE

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 03:37:54 pm »
I'm 15 months post op.
Angie