Author Topic: This Week 9/29 in the Wild and Crazy AN World  (Read 3028 times)

LADavid

This Week 9/29 in the Wild and Crazy AN World
« on: September 28, 2008, 07:16:10 pm »
After the past several slow weeks, things are starting to pick up.  At least the calendar looks busy.  And there several stories we have been following that are finally coming down to the surgery.

First up on Monday, Sherry (Sher) starts her CK in, I think Salt Lake, and goes back on Tuesday and Wednesday.  Best wishes Sherry for a very successful treatment and a great outcome.

Next, on Tuesday, while not a procedure, the LA welcoming committee  8)  (Lainie, Nancy and I) will be getting togther with Cheri (CWood) before she gets tied-up with the pre-op stuff.  She's coming prepared with questions.  We're ready.  (Cindy, we'll see you in November).

Big day on Wednesday.  Lori (Lori67) has her very youthful and cheery birthday.  Of course when I read Lori 67 -- I obviously thought that meant that you w..... I'm going to get smacked again.  Happy birthday Lori.  How's the jumping coming?  ;)

Then on Thursday, Joey from Wisconsin is having her GK done at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn.  Best wishes Joey, it's finally going to happen!  Hope it goes great.

And finally, after a very busy month, Cheri will be having her Middle Fossa as St Vincents here in LA.  Way to go.  We wish you the best for a very successful surgery and a great recovery.

Sherry and Joey, will someone be able to update us on your surgery?  I know Mike is going to try to give us an update on Cheri.  But I'll be around as well to help out.

I think I covered everything.

Hope everyone has a great week  ;D

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Kaybo

Re: This Week 9/29 in the Wild and Crazy AN World
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 07:59:44 pm »
David~
Thanks for always keeping us posted on what's going on - you do a great job!

Good luck and lots of prayers coming your way for everyone having treatments this week!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 09:42:31 pm »
Best wishes with the radiation Sherry & Joey  ;D

Best wishes with surgery Cheri  ;D

Happy Birthday, Lori!  21 again???  :D  Don't forget to look for the little birthday cake icon on your profile on your big day.  It's very cool  8)

Thanks again for being our commentator, David.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 03:51:16 am »
Good luck and happy thoughts and prayers out to all having proceedures and surgeries this week.

Happy Birthday, Lori! 
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 10:13:31 am »
 Very best wishes to everyone this week - sending prayers and good ju-ju your way from NJ.  And, Lori - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  You look fabulous!

Debbi, back on the right coast....
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 03:40:03 pm »
Thanks, David.

My sincere wishes for successful surgeries and radiation procedures for Sherry, Joey and Cheri.  I hope you'll be posting a photo of the Lanie, Nancy and David get-together in L.A. 

Happy Birthday (whatever one it may actually be) to Lori, our own AN version of Erma Bombeck.*

Jim

*Sample quotes: "My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first one being hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint."

"The only reason I would take up jogging is so I could hear heavy breathing again." 

And, a bit more sagaciously: "Laughter rises out of tragedy, when you need it the most, and rewards you for your courage."
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

wendysig

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 01:45:44 pm »
Good luck Joey and Cheri!  I look forward to seeing updates on how you are doing.

Jan - Hope you had a very Happy Birthday last week -- your 24 now, right?

Lori -- I haven't yet had a chance to read your post, our computer blew up and Rob just got this one up and running last night -- Happy Birthday to you too!

Best wishes to all,
Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 01:56:24 pm »

Ahoy Miss Lori-wench! And a Happy Birthday to ye! Hope ye stay as young as ye feel!

AAAAARRRR!!!!

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 07:38:07 pm »
Many Happy Returns Lori  :D

Are you 39 like Jack Benny  :P

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2008, 10:14:25 pm »
Captain -

where ever did you get the sweet baby picture of Lori  ???   :D

Wendy -

I'm actually 21 and holding - for a long, long time  ;)  :D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2008, 05:36:51 am »
internet access issues here at home, but.......

for those enduring treatments this week.... wellness wishes to you all...... I'm thinking of you all and hope all goes smoothly this week!

As for Lori and her "speshal" day today....

*ahem*

*sings in deep voice, cruise ship dining room waiter style... and if you've been on a cruise ship, you know of what I speak*

HAPPY BURP-DAY TO YOOOOOOOO!
HAPPY BURPDAY TO YOOOOOOOOOOOO
HAPPY BIRPDAY, HAPPY BIRPDAY...........
HAPPY BURPDAY TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

lori67

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2008, 06:47:02 pm »
Ah, the good old days - when all those extra rolls were cute!  Not so much anymore..... :-\  Thank you all for the birthday wishes!  Anne Marie, Jack Benny is definitely older than me.  I'm only 29.   ;)

Phyl, actually I haven't been on a cruise, unless a trip on an aircraft carrier counts... is that your surprise gift to me??? A cruise???  Gosh, you are so sweet!  When do we leave?  I'm already packed.  Wait, is Captain Deb driving?  Because we might be gone longer than I expected and maybe I should pack some more.

And Jim, thank you for the kind Erma Bombeck comment!  I've always loved her!  I can't imagine what it must have been like to live in her house!  Probably a lot of laughter going on around there!  I actually came across a quote of hers a few weeks ago that I'd never heard before, and I'm sure it was much more poetic when she said it, but he's my recollection of it  "I would hope that at the end of my life I'd be able to stand before God and say 'I'm sorry - I have nothing left.  I've used everything you gave me'".

Good luck to everyone being poked, prodded, radiated, scanned, etc. this week!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2008, 07:12:26 pm »
Happy Birthday Lori!  And good wishes to all undergoing anything and everything.
Best,
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2008, 10:42:30 pm »
Birthday wishes from me, too!   So where's the cake?   ;)   

Sue in Vancouver
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

lori67

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2008, 09:54:03 am »
Plenty of cake left here!

It took me a LONG time, but I finally managed to get a small slice down without needing the Heimlich maneuver afterward.  I think I'll be sticking to ice cream for a little while!  So, lots of funfetti cake up for grabs here!!  Just don't touch my jello.   :-*

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.