Author Topic: Sept. 29th - Profits to St Jude's  (Read 1871 times)

Kaybo

Sept. 29th - Profits to St Jude's
« on: September 28, 2008, 07:56:19 pm »
Hey All~
Dave & I just went on a HOT date to Chili's and it is their annual fundraising time for St. Jude's Children's Hospital.  TOMORROW all profits from Chili's will be donated to St. Jude's.  I was reading the information and they have just opened a Chili's Care Center there and it is for PEDIATRIC BRAIN TUMOR research - I know thatthis is not an AN, but I think we need to do all we can to help further ANY research we can on brain tumors.  Anyway, just FYI, if you are looking for a place to eat tomorrow - go to CHILI's!!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Sept. 29th - Profits to St Jude's
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 09:43:40 pm »
Great idea, Kaybo!

Thanks for the tip; very cool  8)

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 07:02:42 am »
Hurray for St. Jude's.  For our daughters wedding instead of spending the $$ on "little" gifts for our guests, we donated the money to St. Jude's and in return they made up name cards for all attending her wedding with a note inside telling each person their gift was donated to children's cancer research.  Our daughter is a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner and worked in a few bone marrow and stem cell transplant units in the USA.  This donation and money spent was so appropriate to her background and knowing our $$'s went for a more meaningful cause (besides, most people remember this rather than the chocolate or other small gift they put by the wayside once home). 

For Christmas cards this year we donated again to St. Jude's Children's Hospital and each card went to our friends saying we made a donation in "their" name.  Love that! 
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 07:58:33 pm »
Would have ate there if we had one around...

In the spring we do a scout sponsored Bike Rodeo ... we have off duty police do bike
inspections and talk to the kids about helmets and even do a driving /riding test and issues
permits ... and it just so happens we also do a St Jude's Bike -A Thon ...

as scouts we are not allowed to raise money for another organization ... but if we invite kids
in the community and they just happen to take part in the Bike Rodeo and all the kids
ride in circles around the running track and turn in money for doing it  we get by with it ...bendable
rule ...
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

Kaybo

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 06:22:01 am »
Kendie did that last year at her pre-school and reaised the most money!  She got a backpack, shirt, and bear!  She loves them and carried the backpack to Kindergarten (even though it wasn't the cutest!) until Monday when the strap broke!!!  Way to bend the rules in this case!!   ;D

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!