Post-Treatment > Cognitive/Emotional Issues

oh my, will it ever end????

(1/3) > >>

tenai98:
First the tumor, now shingles....lots of research to do...didnt realize shingles is caused by a dormant chicken pox virus...Anyone who has had chicken pox can get shingles..... :'(

Kaybo:
Tenai~
Aw man...that just stinks!  My grandmother had the shingles and there is something you can get at the health food store that helps.  It is called "Rescue" and it is in a yellow tube my mom said.  There is also a shot now - have you checked into that?  They say that the same virus causes Bells Palsy...wonder if it is all related?

Good luck!

K

yardtick:
My third son Anthony had shingles when he was 4 years old in JK.  He had a very, very mild case of chicken pox at 3 months because I was breast feeding.  My first and second sons were covered with them.  My fourth son just received a chicken pox vaccine last year when he was 16 yrs old.  I was afraid of him getting a nasty case of chicken pox.

I feel for you!  Good luck with the shingles :'(

Anne Marie

Sue:
Too late now for Tenai98 to get the Shingles vaccine.  I told my doctor that I want it, but I had a small patch of it once when I was in my mid 30's, and he said I couldn't have the shot now.  If you have had chicken pox the virus stays dormant until such time that it decides to re-appear as shingles.  Usually when you are older, your immune system has been compromised, or you are weakened in some way.  I helped take care of a woman in her 90's and she had a cancerous tumor treated with radiation, and I'll be darned if she didn't get shingles.  She was miserable.  That's one reason why I wanted the vaccine, since I've had radiation.  But, 2 plus years have gone by and it didn't manifest itself, so I hope it never does.  You usually have to be over 60 years of age before doctors will give you the shingles vaccine.

I'm sorry you have to go through the shingles thing. 

Sue in Vancouver USA

Soundy:
I had an outbreak out of shingles right before I got lupus diagnosis ...and several after... sometimes they are mild and
sometimes painful and a burning itch deep in the tissue that you cannot scratch ...I have taken Zovirax to relives
symptoms and get through an outbreak faster...

I have a patch on my chest and one on my leg where post therapeutic neuralgia developed and the skin and just
under surface is numb sometimes or at other times  has a tingly pins and needle feel to it ...

A word of caution ... stay away from babies that have not been vaccinated or people who you know have not
had chicken pox ... when active you can transmit the virus to them and they can get chicken pox

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version